Why in News
- On September 26, 2021, while expanding the council of ministers in Uttar Pradesh, a total of 7 new ministers including 1 cabinet minister and 6 ministers of state were administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Anandiben Patel.
- Among the ministers included in the Council of Ministers, Jitin Prasad has been made cabinet minister and Chhatrapal Singh Gangwar, Paltu Ram, Sangeeta Balwant, Sanjeev Kumar, Dinesh Khatik and Dharamvir Prajapati have been made ministers of state.
- With this expansion, the total number of ministers in the Uttar Pradesh Council of Ministers has gone up to 60, which is the maximum possible number of ministers in Uttar Pradesh.
- It is noteworthy that by the 91st Constitutional Amendment, the maximum number of ministers in any state can be up to 15% of the total members of the state assembly. The number of members in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly is 403.
Why in News
Recently, Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has found archaeological remains of post-Gupta period from a mound in Kheda Jalalpur village of Badaun district of Uttar Pradesh.
- Fragments of Hindu temple idols, ancient bricks have been recovered from the mound of Kheda Jalalpur village, which is situated on the eastern bank of the river Ganges. According to the ASI, these remains belong to the post-Gupta period (7th-8th century), which is related to the time of about 1300-1400 years before today.
- According to the famous archaeologist Dr. BR Mani, Badaun is a very important site from the archaeological point of view. It was part of the ancient Panchala (birthplace of Draupadi). During the rule of the Mamluk dynasty of the Delhi Sultanate, Badaun was the most important Iqta. Before becoming the Sultan, Iltutmish was the Iqtadar of this place.
- It is noteworthy that Badaun was the birthplace of Abdul Qadir Badayuni and Sheikh Nizamuddin Auliya. Also, it was a major center of the Delhi-Lucknowi trade route.
Why in News
- Recently, the Central Government has given in-principle approval for the establishment of a Medical Device Park in Uttar Pradesh under the 'Promotion of Medical Device Park Scheme'.
- According to the Uttar Pradesh government, the Medical Device Park will be set up in Gautam Budh Nagar.
- It is noteworthy that to encourage the medical device industry in the country, the Ministry of Fertilizers and Chemicals of the Central Government has started the 'Promotion of Medical Device Park Scheme'.
- Under this scheme, in-principle approval has been given for the construction of 4 parks in Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh.
- A total financial assistance of Rs 400 crore will be provided under this scheme.
- The duration of this scheme has been fixed from 2020-21 to 2024-25.
Why in News
- To give impetus to industrial development in the state ‘Amnesty Scheme 2021’ was launched on September 25, 2021.
- The scheme will be effective till March 31, 2022.
- Under this, relief will be provided to those industrial units through the Industries Department, which have failed to comply with the provisions and conditions of the State Capital Appropriation Grant Scheme 1990 implemented earlier.
- Under this scheme, to provide support to the units which have failed due to financial crisis, natural calamity, technology change and unavoidable reasons, now the outstanding principal grant and all interest will be waived off on depositing 50 percent amount against recoverable principal grant amount.
- The main feature of this scheme is that a unit will get the benefit of this scheme even after depositing half of the original grant, including the amount which has been deposited earlier. Along with this, the entire interest of the units which have deposited half or more of the original grant in the past will be waived off. This will provide relief to the units which have become sick due to financial reasons.
- Industries and Commerce Commissioner Archana Singh said that about 565 units would be benefited from this scheme. The cases pending against these units in various courts for the last several years will not only give them relief, but will also open a new way for the revival of the closed units, which will give impetus to industrial activities in the state.
- It is noteworthy that under the State Capital Appropriation Grant Scheme, the State Government had given a grant of about Rs 308 crore to 13,413 units on the fixed capital investment made by them.
- In this scheme, there was a condition that the beneficiary unit would remain in production for a minimum period of 5 years. However, only 4 percent of these units could not fulfill this condition. Due to this, about Rs 25 crore as principal grant and till now about Rs 75 crore interest amount was to be recovered from them as per rules, but these units would be able to take advantage of this scheme by depositing 50 percent of the recoverable principal grant amount.
- After checking the eligibility and proposal received from the disbursing agencies, an order will be issued by the commissioner to waive off the remaining principal grant and the entire interest amount recoverable from the concerned unit.
Why in News
- On the occasion of the birth anniversary of Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay (September 25, 2021), Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced for the implementation of 'Mukhyamantri Bhu-Adhikar Yojana' in the state for giving land leases to poor homeless people of every category in Raigaon of Satna district.
- In the first phase of this scheme, the poor will be identified by survey. After this they will be given residential plots in the available government land. If government land is not available, private land will also be bought and given to the poor. In this scheme, Satna district will be made a model.
- In cities where land is not available, arrangements will be made to build multi-storey buildings.
- The land which will be freed from the land mafia will also be included under this scheme.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan gave approval of one crore 15 lakh rupees for the opening of a college, construction of Tehsil building in Raigaon from this session. Along with this, he announced plans to open 'CM Rise School' and upgrade the primary health center to community health center and build a rural sports stadium.
Why in News
In the women's compound team event at the Senior World Archery Championships held in Yankton (USA), Muskan Kirar of Madhya Pradesh State Archery Academy, Jabalpur managed to win India a silver medal in the final match against Colombia.
- Colombia beat India by 224 points against 229.
- It is noteworthy that this championship was organized in Yankton (USA) from September 19 to 26, 2021.
- From India, Muskan Kirar (Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh), Priya Gurjar (Rajasthan) and Jyoti (Andhra Pradesh) participated in this team event. In the final match, Muskan Kirar scored 78 out of 80, Priya scored 74 out of 80 and Jyoti scored 72 out of 80.
- It is worth mentioning that Muskan Kirar is originally a resident of Jabalpur. Muskan was honored with Eklavya Award by the state government in the year 2018 and Vikram Award in the year 2019. Muskan Kirar earned silver medal in Asian Games 2018.
- Muskan has so far represented the Indian team in 14 international competitions. In these competitions, Muskan has won a total of 10 medals for India including one gold, six silver and three bronze medals.
Why in News
- Haryana's first mushroom survey to explore and preserve the rich diversity of fungi, flora and fauna will be conducted on 30 September 2021 at Kalesar National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary in Yamunanagar district.
- Haryana Forest Department spokesman said that the survey would be conducted under the guidance of Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (Wildlife), Haryana and renowned mycologist Dr. NSK Harsh, in which fungal and mushroom diversity of Kalesar National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary would be assessed.
- The results of this survey will help in formulating an effective management strategy for the conservation of fungi, flora and fauna of Kalesar National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary and will also form the basis for observing the impact of habitat disturbance and climate change on the ecology of the region.
- The survey will be focussed on Mushrooms. However, surveys will also be conducted for various aspects related to diversity and conservation of butterflies, spiders, amphibians, fish, reptiles, birds and mammals.
- The spokesperson said that trees, shrubs and herbs cannot live on the ground without fungi. They are an integral part of the food chain of many insects and other organisms. Fungi and mushrooms are an inseparable part of a healthy ecosystem. Many fungal species (mushrooms) are edible and in addition mushrooms are the only vegetarian source of vitamin D.
- Fifteen scientists (experts in the fields of fungi, insects, soil, climate change, botany, plant physiology etc.) from Forest Research Institute, Dehradun, ten scientists from Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun (experts in areas such as beetles, butterflies, bees, pollinators, firefly, bumblebees, bees, mammals, birds and reptiles), professors and students of biology from various colleges of Yamunanagar, NGOs, bird lovers and officials of Haryana Forest Department will participate in this one day survey.
- It is noteworthy that Kalesar National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary is a well protected and managed area and shelters a rich diversity of different life forms.
Why in News
On September 26, 2021, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar inaugurated the second Sub-National Immunization (SNID) round of Pulse Polio 2021-22 in Karnal district.
- In this vaccination, a target has been set to immunize 25.7 lakh children, out of which about 13.21 lakh (51%) children below 5 years of age have been given polio medicine.
- The Health Department spokesperson said that in most of the districts, booths have been inaugurated by dignitaries including MLA/Deputy Commissioner/Municipal Councillor/Civil Surgeon and other senior officials.
- He said that vaccination has been started in 13 identified districts of the state- Ambala, Faridabad, Gurugram, Jhajjar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Mewat, Palwal, Panchkula, Panipat, Rohtak, Sonipat and Yamunanagar to maintain polio free status.
Why in News
- On the occasion of the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay on September 25, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the 'Samparan' portal.
- The objective of this portal is to encourage such volunteers who are willing to serve the society and can become an essential part of social upliftment in Haryana by dedicating their time and effort towards social work.
- Volunteers will be connected through this portal, after which the services of volunteers including youth, retired employees will be taken in the field of education, skill development, sports, agriculture etc.
- The Chief Minister said that 'Sarparan' will provide a platform to volunteers who wish to do something good for the society, for example - if someone wants to help children, they can register on this portal to educate them or make them play sports or skill training. Similarly if someone wants to work for the welfare of women then he can make them aware about nutrition, empowerment or security.
- Voluntary services provided through the 'Samparan' initiative are linked to various programs and initiatives of the government, such as education, women and child development, farmers welfare, skill development.
- He said that the unique feature of voluntary services is that they are individual-based and through this great spirit of dedication one can help the government and the local community in fulfilling the goal of good governance
Why in News
- On September 25, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the official website (http:\\www.fcd.haryana.gov.in.) of Foreign Cooperation Department (FCD)
- This website provides an incredible opportunity for non-resident Haryanvi to reconnect, rediscover and revive their roots in Haryana. The website of FCD provides comprehensive information about Haryana, its culture, reasons to invest in Haryana, export performance of the state, etc.
- The new features of the website include Diaspora Registration Form, Export Registration Form, Trade Information Form and Export Guide for potential exporters from Haryana.
- The Department of Foreign Cooperation is the first of its kind department established by any state in India. FCD propagates the state government's vision of transforming Haryana through a 'Go Global Approach'.
- The FCD is a dedicated department of the Government of Haryana, responsible for the state's diplomacy, bilateral and multilateral relations at the international level, and assistance to the Haryanvi diaspora.
- The objective of FCD is to promote Haryana as the most preferred destination for foreign investment, promotion of exports from Haryana, country-wise strategy to promote trade, inbound and outbound investments, and promote the culture of Haryana.
- This department is responsible for formulating country-wise communication strategy for promoting mutual cooperation and liaising with Indian Missions abroad and Foreign Missions in India on matters relating to investment, employment, education, skill development, culture and NRI/PIO matters. It is also the nodal agency of the state.
Why in News
- On September 25, 2021, 9 Divyang youths of Jharkhand were honored with 'Hunarbaaz Puraskar' by the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India in an online program organized on the Amrit Mahotsav of Azadi.
- It is worth mentioning that the 'Hunarbaaz Puraskar' of Deendayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana and Self-Employment Training Institute has been instituted by National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Hyderabad under the aegis of Ministry of Rural Development.
- On the occasion of Antyodaya Diwas (25 September), 75 Divyangs from 15 states were given this award, In which Kulwanti Bada (Garhwa), Shabnam Khatoon and Sunita Tatudu (Hazaribagh), Savitri (Dumka), Asha Tuti (Khunti), Abodh Mahatha (Bokaro), Tejiya Kumari (Bokaro), Pinky (Dhanbad), Neha Rekha Kumari from Jharkhand Ranchi).
Why in News
- On September 26, 2021, In the annual meeting of the All India Spices Research Project held at the Agricultural College and Research Center Raigarh new species of coriander and turmeric developed from the research of scientists of Raigad were identified for national release.
- After presenting these species before the Central Release Committee, both the species will be brought in the seed production chain.
- One entry of coriander will be included in the name of Chhattisgarh state Dhaniya-3 and will be released for 10 states of the country. On the other hand, turmeric will be included in the name of Chhattisgarh State Haldi-3 and will be released for 7 states of the country. After release, the seeds of these species can also be produced in different classes.
- Dr. Shrikant Sanwargaokar, the chief breeder of these species said that both these varieties of coriander and turmeric are very important and beneficial for the farmers, which are in line with the farmers' market. Farmers can get maximum profit from their production. The production of these species is high and the quality is good. Their cropping period is slightly less than the prevalent species.
- Dr. AK Singh, principal investigator of the project and Dean of the College of Agriculture, said that not only the farmers of Chhattisgarh, but also the farmers of other states would benefit from these two species. These species have high resistance to diseases and pests. Farmers will get more profit due to lower cost of production and higher production of these species.
Why in News
- On September 25, 2021, Chhattisgarh Panchayat and Rural Development Minister TS Singhdeo released the Annual Activity Report, 2020-21 of Rural Self-Employment Training Centers (RSETI) operating in the state.
- This report has been prepared by the independent agency National Academy of RUDSETI (NAR), Bangalore as per the guidelines of the Ministry of Skill Development, Government of India.
- While releasing the report, Singhdeo said that under Chhattisgarh State Rural Livelihood Mission, rural self-employment training centers operating in 18 districts of the state are being made self-supporting by providing free residential training to the youth for various employment-oriented activities.
- In the financial year 2020-21, 302 training sessions were organized in the state. In which 7003 youth have been provided self-employment based training as per their interest in Bank Mitras, General Entrepreneurship Development, Mushroom Production, Papad Manufacturing, Pickle Manufacturing, Spices Manufacturing, Agarbatti Manufacturing, Candle Manufacturing, Vermicompost Manufacturing, Sewing, Dairy Farming etc.
- 95 percent of the people trained in these centers are women. On the basis of social inclusion, 36 percent of the Scheduled Tribes, 15 percent of the Scheduled Castes, 46 percent of the Other Backward Classes and four percent of the general category beneficiaries have been trained through these centers.
- Singhdeo directed the Assistant Controller of Assessment and Certification Branch, Arun Kumar Soni, who was present during the release of the report, to organize training programs for the needy rural youth in the streams of their interest, while ensuring the quality of training.
Why in News
- On September 25, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel made the historic start of seven sports academies for the players of the state. Out of these, 4 sports academies were duly started in Bilaspur and 3 in Raipur.
- In a virtual program organized at his residence office, Chief Minister inaugurated new sports facilities in Bilaspur and Raipur costing about 42 crores 14 lakh rupees and performed Bhoomi Pujan.These mainly include academies of football, kabaddi, archery and athletics, two sports hostels, an archery training sub-centre and synthetic track and field for athletics.
- The Chief Minister inaugurated Hockey, Archery, Athletics and Kabaddi Academy in Bilaspur and Archery, Girls Football and Boys-Girls Athletics Academy in Raipur.
- Boarding and Kabaddi (Girls) Academy of Hockey, Archery, Athletics in Bilaspur and Day Boarding Academy of Archery, Football (Girls) and Athletics (Boys-Girls) in Raipur has 370 seats, in which 180 boarding seats and 190 days.
- Along with this, the Chief Minister also inaugurated the late B.R. Yadav State Sports Complex, which now has a 400-meter synthetic athletics track and field, constructed at the cost of Rs. 9.20 crore, 50 seater sports hostel for boys constructed for Rs 2.82 crore, 100 seater sports hostel for girls constructed for Rs 4.75 crore and 4.47 crore.
- He laid the foundation stone for installation of flood lights in Bilaspur including Kabaddi Indoor Hall to be constructed at a cost of Rs.4 crore 94 lakh, gallery and pavilion of Astroturf Hockey Stadium at a cost of Rs.15 crore 96 lakh.
- The Chief Minister also inaugurated Late Koduram Verma Smriti Archery Training Academy at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Hockey Stadium, Raipur, Football Academy for girls in Swami Vivekananda Stadium Complex Kota and Athletics Academy for boys and girls.
Why in News
In a high-level meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel on September 25, 2021, it was decided to name the International Tribal Festival to be held this year as 'Sal International Tribal Festival'.
- This decision has been taken after the state tree of Chhattisgarh and the deity Sal tree in tribal culture.
- In the meeting, the outline of the Rajyotsava was decided, along with the Tribal Festival. A five-day event of 'Sal International Tribal Festival and Rajyotsava' will be jointly organized by the state government from October 28 to November 1 at the Science College ground in Raipur.
- The Chief Minister said that Sal is the state tree of Chhattisgarh. In tribal culture, the Sal tree is worshiped as a god. Sal tree is worshiped in the Sarhul festival celebrated with pomp in the tribal area. That is why the name of the Tribal Festival has been named 'Sal International Tribal Festival'.
- In the state decoration ceremony on November 1, eminent people and institutions who have made remarkable contributions in various fields including art, culture, development of Chhattisgarh will be honored with the state decoration.
- During the Saal International Tribal Festival and Rajyotsava, many programs will be organized including interaction with eminent people in various fields, exhibition, live display of tribal art and culture, tribal craft fair, skill upgradation. Artists of the country and abroad will present their programs during this time.
Why in News
- On September 26, 2021, the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami, duly launched the Financial Assistance Scheme for the transport businessmen (drivers/conductors/cleaners) affected by Covid-19.
- Under this scheme, an amount of Rs 2000 per month will be provided to 103235 drivers/conductors/cleaners of the entire state for 6 months.
- In the first phase of the scheme, 36,100 transport businessmen (which includes 34,635 drivers, 930 operators and 535 cleaners) will be given financial assistance of Rs 2000 per month through DBT.
- For the successful implementation of this scheme, a portal has been created by the Transport Department, through which transport businessmen can apply online.
Why in News
- On September 26, 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami announced the launch of 'Mukhyamantri Nari Sashaktikaran Yojana' (Chief Minister Women Empowerment Scheme) to make women self-reliant.
- Under this scheme, loans will be made available to the women of Uttarakhand for self-employment. This will make women financially independent.
- Under this, a subsidy of 30 percent or up to Rs 1 lakh will be provided in the loan given to women.
- Unmarried, divorced, handicapped women will be able to get the benefit of this scheme.
- For the implementation of this scheme, a committee will be constituted under the chairmanship of the General Manager, District Industries Center in urban areas and Block Development Officer in rural areas.
Switch to Hindi