Chief Minister Women Empowerment Scheme
- 27 Sep 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On September 26, 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami announced the launch of 'Mukhyamantri Nari Sashaktikaran Yojana' (Chief Minister Women Empowerment Scheme) to make women self-reliant.
- Under this scheme, loans will be made available to the women of Uttarakhand for self-employment. This will make women financially independent.
- Under this, a subsidy of 30 percent or up to Rs 1 lakh will be provided in the loan given to women.
- Unmarried, divorced, handicapped women will be able to get the benefit of this scheme.
- For the implementation of this scheme, a committee will be constituted under the chairmanship of the General Manager, District Industries Center in urban areas and Block Development Officer in rural areas.