Finance Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna Presented a Supplementary Budget of Rs 28 thousand 760 Crore in the Assembly
Why In News?
On November 29, 2023, on the second day of the winter session of the Uttar Pradesh Legislature, Finance Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna presented a supplementary budget of Rs 28,760.67 crore for the financial year 2023-24 in the Assembly.
- Rs 7421.21 crore has been proposed for new schemes in the supplementary budget. Rs 1946.39 crore has been earmarked for revenue expenditure and Rs 9714 crore for capital expenditure.
- Announcements made in the Supplementary Budget:
- The state government has announced an allocation of Rs 2000 crore for the 'Vishwakarma Shram Samman Yojana'.
- Under the 'PM Mitra Yojana', Rs 510 crore has been announced for the establishment of PM Mega Integrated Textile Zone and Apparel Park in Lucknow-Hardoi.
- Rs 100 crore has been allocated for the implementation of the Uttar Pradesh Data Centre Policy.
Why In News?
According to information received from the media on November 29, 2023, the Transport Department of Bihar has issued a notification of Chief Minister Block Transport Scheme'. The scheme will be operational till 2025-26.
- Under the scheme, seven beneficiaries per block will be given a grant of Rs 5 lakh for the purchase of buses except the blocks of the district headquarters.
- According to the departmental information, block-wise and category-wise preference lists will be made for the selection of beneficiaries under the scheme. In this, the basis of preference after caste will be the educational qualification of matriculation. Preference will be given to those with maximum marks.
- If the marks are the same, the older one will get preference. Applications will be received online to get the benefit of the scheme, the link of which will be available on the website of the Transport Department.
- Along with the application, a copy of caste certificate, residential certificate, matriculation qualification certificate, Aadhaar card and driving license will also have to be given. After this, a unique number will be given to the applicant. The purchased vehicle cannot be sold for five years without the written approval of the sub-divisional officer.
- According to the department, a three-member selection committee will be formed to select the beneficiaries on the basis of the priority list prepared. It will be headed by the district officer, while the deputy development commissioner and district transport officer will be the member secretary.
- After the purchase of the bus, the documents related to it will have to be submitted to the DTO office. After the necessary checking, the amount will be sent online to the beneficiary's account by the DTO.
Why In News?
On November 29, 2023, the General Administration Department of Madhya Pradesh issued orders to give additional charge of the state's Chief Secretary to Veera Rana, a 1988 batch IAS officer, with the current responsibility after getting the consent of the Election Commission.
- The General Administration Department has also issued orders to retire Iqbal Singh Bains, the current Chief Secretary of Madhya Pradesh, from government service on the expiry of his extension on November 30, 2023, afternoon.
- This will be the second time that a woman officer will take over as the chief secretary of the state. Earlier, Nirmala Buch, a 1960 batch officer in the state, was made Chief Secretary on September 22, 1991, in the BJP government. She was chief secretary till January 1, 1993.
- Veera Rana was born on March 26, 1964, in Uttar Pradesh. She is currently the chairperson of the Board of Secondary Education and holds the additional charge of agriculture production commissioner. She has held the portfolios of Chief Electoral Officer, Sports and Youth Welfare, Academy of Administration and Department of Cottage and Village Industries.
- After Iqbal Singh Bains, he is the senior-most officer available in the state. The General Administration Department had sent the panel according to seniority with the approval of the Chief Minister. The Election Commission has agreed to the name of Veera Rana on the basis of seniority. She will retire in March 2024.
Why In News?
On November 28, 2023, Haryana became the first state in the country to procure 14 crops at MSP.
- The state government has increased the price of sugarcane from Rs 372 to Rs 386 per quintal, which is the highest in the country. Along with this, the government has also announced to give a price of Rs 400 per quintal for the coming year, taking care of the future of sugarcane farmers.
- The state government has sent Rs 85,000 crore to the accounts of 12 lakh farmers in the last 7 seasons under the Meri Fasal Mera Byora portal. Also, 29.45 lakh farmers have claimed insurance of Rs 7656 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
- To ensure that farmers do not face inconvenience in selling their crops, the state government is constructing an international level horticulture market at Ganaur, Sonipat at a cost of Rs 7,000 crore.
- Similarly, the state government is constructing an apple, fruit and vegetable market in Pinjore at a cost of Rs 150 crore. Along with this, the government has spent Rs 1074 crore on the development of new and additional mandis.
- Instead of 1,74,464 acres of paddy cultivation, alternative crops are being cultivated. Under this, the state government has aided Rs 118 crore to farmers at the rate of Rs 7000 per acre. Also, the government has sent Rs 836 crore to the account of millet farmers under the Bhavantar Bharpai Scheme.
- As many as 11,043 farmers have been registered under the natural farming scheme. Natural farming training centres have been started at Gurukul Kurukshetra, Hameti (Jind), Mangiana (Sirsa) and Gharaunda to impart training to them.
- The state government has started canteens in 25 mandis to provide food at Rs 10 per plate through the Atal Kisan Mazdoor Canteen Scheme. 108 mandis of the state have been linked to the National Agriculture Market Portal (e-NAM). Also, farmers' markets have been started in Panchkula, Sector-20 and Gurugram.
- The government is giving a subsidy of Rs 1000 per acre to the farmer to meet the expenditure on crop management.
Why In News?
On November 28, 2023, the Haryana government has decided to implement 14 new projects worth more than Rs 32.69 crore under the Augmentation Rural Water Supply-State Scheme in two districts Fatehabad and Hisar to bring a transformative change in the lives of the rural population of the state.
- The new works under the 'Augmentation Rural Water Supply-State Plan' include laying of remaining sewer lines at an estimated cost of Rs 4.23 crore in the MC area of Narnaund town of District Hisar.
- Apart from this, the estimated cost of construction of canal-based water works Baliala in village Balliala and Bora of Fatehabad district will be Rs 7.23 crore, DI water supply pipeline will be laid in various streets of village Karandi tehsil Tohana district at an estimated cost of Rs 23.32 lakh.
- Construction of independent canal-based water construction work in village Madh of Fatehabad district will be done at an estimated cost of Rs 3.93 crore, expansion of water supply scheme at village Nangal at an estimated cost of Rs 1.04 crore, laying of DI water supply pipeline at an estimated cost of Rs 24.35 lakh in village Dulat, water supply scheme at a cost of Rs 1.54 crore in village Rattakheda.
- Replacement of existing distribution system and repair of water works structures in Village Alawa Lawas of Fatehabad district at an estimated cost of Rs. 2.77 crore, providing independent canal-based water works at a cost of Rs. 3.17 crore in village Birbari, construction of a sump well for assured raw water in village Buwan at an estimated cost of Rs. 1.86 crore.
- Apart from this, providing and laying rising mains, an additional boosting station for Dadupur Dhani at a cost of Rs 1.83 crore, construction of rising main and repair of existing structure of water works in village Dariyapur at a cost of Rs 1.11 crore, modernization of water supply scheme at village Gadli at a cost of Rs 1.34 crore and expansion and boosting of water supply scheme at a cost of Rs 2.11 crore in village Jandali Khurd. Construction of station, repair of water works structures will be carried out.
Why In News?
On November 28, 2023, the 'Malaria Free Chhattisgarh Campaign' has been started in all the seven districts of the most malaria-sensitive Bastar division of the state. The campaign will continue till December 19, 2023.
- In the ninth phase of malaria-free Chhattisgarh campaign, a target has been set to screen 15 lakh 92 thousand people (about the seating capacity of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) in 2297 villages of 30 development blocks of these districts of Bastar division. For this, 1654 survey teams have been formed.
- During the campaign, teams will be active for malaria screening and treatment under 125 primary health centers and 598 sub-health centers. During the campaign, the health department team and mitanins will go door-to-door to check for malaria.
- During this period, along with the investigation and treatment of malaria, public awareness activities will also be carried out to prevent it. Also, people will be encouraged to use mosquito nets daily.
- Mosquito larvae surveys will be conducted from house to house in the identified villages and mosquito-producing sources will be destroyed and people will be counselled for proper maintenance of water and protection from mosquitoes. Measures to maintain cleanliness around the house and prevent mosquitoes from breeding will also be given to the people.
Why In News?
On November 28, 2023, the Uttarakhand state government has allowed women home guards to be given maternity leave like other departments. Now women home guards will also get the benefit of maternity leave.
- It may be noted that till now there was no facility of maternity leave to home guards in the state, but recently IG Kewal Khurana had recommended maternity leave from the government for women home guards like women employees posted in police and other government departments.
- The state government has taken the recommendation of IG Kewal Khurana seriously. Additional Chief Secretary Radha Raturi has also given permission to provide maternity leave to women home guards.
- There are more than six thousand male and female home guards in the state. IG Kewal Khurana is constantly providing hi-tech facilities to home guards and providing facilities like police.
- The salary of women home guards will not be deducted during maternity leave. They will be given full salary of maternity leave. Apart from this, during maternity leave, higher officials will also get information about the well-being of women home guards.
Switch to Hindi