Why In News?
- On June 25, 2022, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced that about 2.5 crore people living in villages of Uttar Pradesh will be granted Gharauni certificates by October 2023.
- The Chief Minister made the announcement while addressing a function to distribute Gharauni certificates to 11 lakh villagers.
- The Chief Minister said that 34 lakh people have already benefited from this scheme.
- He also informed that the survey of land by drones in 1,10,300 revenue villages of the state will be completed by August this year to expedite the distribution of certificates to beneficiaries.
- The Gharauni certificate enables the villagers to get loans easily and also facilitates them to set up and expand their business.
- In addition, the Gharauni scheme facilitates transfer of ancestral land and properties to their rightful owners.
Why In News?
- With the issuance of Letter of Intent (LoI) for uranium mining in the state on June 26, 2022, Rajasthan has entered the field of uranium mining.
- The LOI has been issued for mining lease to Uranium Corporation of India for mining of uranium ore at Rohil in Khandela tehsil near Sikar.
- It may be recalled that huge reserves of uranium have been found in an area of 1086.46 hectares at Rohil in Khandela tehsil of Sikar district. According to initial estimates, the reserves of about 12 million tonnes of uranium are likely to be in the region.
- Uranium is currently being excavated in the country in Jajagoda of Singhbhumi in Jharkhand and andhra pradesh.
- The highest uranium production globally takes place in Kazakhstan, Canada and Australia. Apart from this, uranium minerals have also been found in Russia, Namibia, Uzbekistan, USA and Ukraine.
- Uranium is mainly used to make electricity. However, apart from nuclear energy, uranium is also used in medicine, defense equipment, photography among others.
Why In News?
- On June 26, 2022, Madhya Pradesh won their maiden Ranji Trophy title by defeating Mumbai by six wickets in the final at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru.
- Madhya Pradesh last played a Ranji Trophy final in 1988-1989 at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru.
- Madhya Pradesh's Shubham Sharma was adjudged 'Man of the Match' in the final for scoring 116 in the first innings and 30 in the second innings of the final, while Mumbai's Sarfaraz Khan, who scored 982 runs in the entire tournament, was adjudged the 'Man of the Tournament'.
- The captain of the Madhya Pradesh team in the Ranji Trophy was Aditya Srivastava, who with this victory became the first captain of Madhya Pradesh to win the Ranji Trophy.
- At the same time, Chandrakant Pandit is the coach of Madhya Pradesh, who led Madhya Pradesh to the Ranji Trophy in 1988-1989. This is his sixth Ranji title as coach.
Why In News?
- On the occasion of International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking on June 26, 2022, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar released a booklet making public the action plan of the drug-free campaign at a function organized by the Haryana State Narcotics Control Bureau at Harsh Vardhan Auditorium, Madhuban Police Academy, Karnal to make the state drug-free.
- The Chief Minister said that this initiative of the Bureau will prove to be unique for the health and rehabilitation of the youth indulging in drugs. The plan involves identification of a person suffering from intoxication and rehabilitation by giving him proper counselling and medical treatment.
- The plan has developed two apps named 'Prayas' and 'Saathi', which will work to curb the banned medicines. The subject of training has also been added to it.
- He said that 1100 sports nurseries are being created in the state to keep the youth away from drugs and to connect them with creative work, especially sports, which will increase the trend of sports among the youth and create a sense of sportsmanship in them.
- In order to make the state drug free, under the said action plan, Dhakad programme has been started in schools, colleges and universities. Dhakad means a person with courage. Under this programme, a group of five children of the class will be formed, who will identify the child who is lazy, lonely and secretly intoxicated and will report it to the class teacher, i.e. Senior Dhakad. After receiving the information, the senior Dhakad will report to the principal/head master concerned, who will be called the nodal Dhakad.
- For implementation and supervision of the programme, mission teams at state, district, sub-division, cluster and village/ward level will work for counselling, treatment and rehabilitation of the drug addict.
Why In News?
- In the meeting of Chhattisgarh Sanskriti Parishad on June 24, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel directed to prepare a proposal for setting up of a Music and Dance College in Raigarh.
- The college will be set up under Indira Sangeet and Kala Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh.
- Raigarh is known as the cultural city of Chhattisgarh.
- The Raigad gharana is famous for its Kathak dance style and classical music.
- In Raigarh, Raja Chakradhar Singh organized a variety of music, literature and sports during the Ganesh Puja, which are still going on. It is known as 'Chakradhar Ceremony'.
Why In News?
- On June 25, 2022, Uttarakhand Tourism Secretary Dilip Jawalkar informed that under the Prasad scheme of the Central Government, the development of Bagnath temple in Bageshwar will be done on the lines of Badrinath and Kedarnath.
- Under the scheme, all the shops in the temple complex will be developed in a similar manner in the traditional hill style.
- The ghats will be constructed on the banks of river Saryu, while the temple complex will also feature light and sound shows and construction of museums.
- A precursor and murals around the temple will be used to give the temple a new look.
- Construction of ropeway from Chandika Temple to Neeleshwar Temple, beautification of bridges and souvenir shop for prasad will also be facilitated.
- It may be recalled that the Ministry of Tourism had launched the 'National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Enhancement' in the year 2014-15 with the objective of overall development of identified shrines, which was renamed as 'Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Heritage Promotion Campaign' (i.e. 'Prasad') National Mission in October 2017.
Switch to Hindi