Why in News
- On September 26, 2021, In the annual meeting of the All India Spices Research Project held at the Agricultural College and Research Center Raigarh new species of coriander and turmeric developed from the research of scientists of Raigad were identified for national release.
- After presenting these species before the Central Release Committee, both the species will be brought in the seed production chain.
- One entry of coriander will be included in the name of Chhattisgarh state Dhaniya-3 and will be released for 10 states of the country. On the other hand, turmeric will be included in the name of Chhattisgarh State Haldi-3 and will be released for 7 states of the country. After release, the seeds of these species can also be produced in different classes.
- Dr. Shrikant Sanwargaokar, the chief breeder of these species said that both these varieties of coriander and turmeric are very important and beneficial for the farmers, which are in line with the farmers' market. Farmers can get maximum profit from their production. The production of these species is high and the quality is good. Their cropping period is slightly less than the prevalent species.
- Dr. AK Singh, principal investigator of the project and Dean of the College of Agriculture, said that not only the farmers of Chhattisgarh, but also the farmers of other states would benefit from these two species. These species have high resistance to diseases and pests. Farmers will get more profit due to lower cost of production and higher production of these species.
Why in News
- On September 25, 2021, Chhattisgarh Panchayat and Rural Development Minister TS Singhdeo released the Annual Activity Report, 2020-21 of Rural Self-Employment Training Centers (RSETI) operating in the state.
- This report has been prepared by the independent agency National Academy of RUDSETI (NAR), Bangalore as per the guidelines of the Ministry of Skill Development, Government of India.
- While releasing the report, Singhdeo said that under Chhattisgarh State Rural Livelihood Mission, rural self-employment training centers operating in 18 districts of the state are being made self-supporting by providing free residential training to the youth for various employment-oriented activities.
- In the financial year 2020-21, 302 training sessions were organized in the state. In which 7003 youth have been provided self-employment based training as per their interest in Bank Mitras, General Entrepreneurship Development, Mushroom Production, Papad Manufacturing, Pickle Manufacturing, Spices Manufacturing, Agarbatti Manufacturing, Candle Manufacturing, Vermicompost Manufacturing, Sewing, Dairy Farming etc.
- 95 percent of the people trained in these centers are women. On the basis of social inclusion, 36 percent of the Scheduled Tribes, 15 percent of the Scheduled Castes, 46 percent of the Other Backward Classes and four percent of the general category beneficiaries have been trained through these centers.
- Singhdeo directed the Assistant Controller of Assessment and Certification Branch, Arun Kumar Soni, who was present during the release of the report, to organize training programs for the needy rural youth in the streams of their interest, while ensuring the quality of training.
Why in News
- On September 25, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel made the historic start of seven sports academies for the players of the state. Out of these, 4 sports academies were duly started in Bilaspur and 3 in Raipur.
- In a virtual program organized at his residence office, Chief Minister inaugurated new sports facilities in Bilaspur and Raipur costing about 42 crores 14 lakh rupees and performed Bhoomi Pujan.These mainly include academies of football, kabaddi, archery and athletics, two sports hostels, an archery training sub-centre and synthetic track and field for athletics.
- The Chief Minister inaugurated Hockey, Archery, Athletics and Kabaddi Academy in Bilaspur and Archery, Girls Football and Boys-Girls Athletics Academy in Raipur.
- Boarding and Kabaddi (Girls) Academy of Hockey, Archery, Athletics in Bilaspur and Day Boarding Academy of Archery, Football (Girls) and Athletics (Boys-Girls) in Raipur has 370 seats, in which 180 boarding seats and 190 days.
- Along with this, the Chief Minister also inaugurated the late B.R. Yadav State Sports Complex, which now has a 400-meter synthetic athletics track and field, constructed at the cost of Rs. 9.20 crore, 50 seater sports hostel for boys constructed for Rs 2.82 crore, 100 seater sports hostel for girls constructed for Rs 4.75 crore and 4.47 crore.
- He laid the foundation stone for installation of flood lights in Bilaspur including Kabaddi Indoor Hall to be constructed at a cost of Rs.4 crore 94 lakh, gallery and pavilion of Astroturf Hockey Stadium at a cost of Rs.15 crore 96 lakh.
- The Chief Minister also inaugurated Late Koduram Verma Smriti Archery Training Academy at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Hockey Stadium, Raipur, Football Academy for girls in Swami Vivekananda Stadium Complex Kota and Athletics Academy for boys and girls.
Why in News
In a high-level meeting held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel on September 25, 2021, it was decided to name the International Tribal Festival to be held this year as 'Sal International Tribal Festival'.
- This decision has been taken after the state tree of Chhattisgarh and the deity Sal tree in tribal culture.
- In the meeting, the outline of the Rajyotsava was decided, along with the Tribal Festival. A five-day event of 'Sal International Tribal Festival and Rajyotsava' will be jointly organized by the state government from October 28 to November 1 at the Science College ground in Raipur.
- The Chief Minister said that Sal is the state tree of Chhattisgarh. In tribal culture, the Sal tree is worshiped as a god. Sal tree is worshiped in the Sarhul festival celebrated with pomp in the tribal area. That is why the name of the Tribal Festival has been named 'Sal International Tribal Festival'.
- In the state decoration ceremony on November 1, eminent people and institutions who have made remarkable contributions in various fields including art, culture, development of Chhattisgarh will be honored with the state decoration.
- During the Saal International Tribal Festival and Rajyotsava, many programs will be organized including interaction with eminent people in various fields, exhibition, live display of tribal art and culture, tribal craft fair, skill upgradation. Artists of the country and abroad will present their programs during this time.
Switch to Hindi