Inauguration of Sports Academies in the State
- 27 Sep 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On September 25, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel made the historic start of seven sports academies for the players of the state. Out of these, 4 sports academies were duly started in Bilaspur and 3 in Raipur.
- In a virtual program organized at his residence office, Chief Minister inaugurated new sports facilities in Bilaspur and Raipur costing about 42 crores 14 lakh rupees and performed Bhoomi Pujan.These mainly include academies of football, kabaddi, archery and athletics, two sports hostels, an archery training sub-centre and synthetic track and field for athletics.
- The Chief Minister inaugurated Hockey, Archery, Athletics and Kabaddi Academy in Bilaspur and Archery, Girls Football and Boys-Girls Athletics Academy in Raipur.
- Boarding and Kabaddi (Girls) Academy of Hockey, Archery, Athletics in Bilaspur and Day Boarding Academy of Archery, Football (Girls) and Athletics (Boys-Girls) in Raipur has 370 seats, in which 180 boarding seats and 190 days.
- Along with this, the Chief Minister also inaugurated the late B.R. Yadav State Sports Complex, which now has a 400-meter synthetic athletics track and field, constructed at the cost of Rs. 9.20 crore, 50 seater sports hostel for boys constructed for Rs 2.82 crore, 100 seater sports hostel for girls constructed for Rs 4.75 crore and 4.47 crore.
- He laid the foundation stone for installation of flood lights in Bilaspur including Kabaddi Indoor Hall to be constructed at a cost of Rs.4 crore 94 lakh, gallery and pavilion of Astroturf Hockey Stadium at a cost of Rs.15 crore 96 lakh.
- The Chief Minister also inaugurated Late Koduram Verma Smriti Archery Training Academy at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Hockey Stadium, Raipur, Football Academy for girls in Swami Vivekananda Stadium Complex Kota and Athletics Academy for boys and girls.