Why in News
- On September 26, 2021, while expanding the council of ministers in Uttar Pradesh, a total of 7 new ministers including 1 cabinet minister and 6 ministers of state were administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Anandiben Patel.
- Among the ministers included in the Council of Ministers, Jitin Prasad has been made cabinet minister and Chhatrapal Singh Gangwar, Paltu Ram, Sangeeta Balwant, Sanjeev Kumar, Dinesh Khatik and Dharamvir Prajapati have been made ministers of state.
- With this expansion, the total number of ministers in the Uttar Pradesh Council of Ministers has gone up to 60, which is the maximum possible number of ministers in Uttar Pradesh.
- It is noteworthy that by the 91st Constitutional Amendment, the maximum number of ministers in any state can be up to 15% of the total members of the state assembly. The number of members in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly is 403.
Why in News
Recently, Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has found archaeological remains of post-Gupta period from a mound in Kheda Jalalpur village of Badaun district of Uttar Pradesh.
- Fragments of Hindu temple idols, ancient bricks have been recovered from the mound of Kheda Jalalpur village, which is situated on the eastern bank of the river Ganges. According to the ASI, these remains belong to the post-Gupta period (7th-8th century), which is related to the time of about 1300-1400 years before today.
- According to the famous archaeologist Dr. BR Mani, Badaun is a very important site from the archaeological point of view. It was part of the ancient Panchala (birthplace of Draupadi). During the rule of the Mamluk dynasty of the Delhi Sultanate, Badaun was the most important Iqta. Before becoming the Sultan, Iltutmish was the Iqtadar of this place.
- It is noteworthy that Badaun was the birthplace of Abdul Qadir Badayuni and Sheikh Nizamuddin Auliya. Also, it was a major center of the Delhi-Lucknowi trade route.
Why in News
- Recently, the Central Government has given in-principle approval for the establishment of a Medical Device Park in Uttar Pradesh under the 'Promotion of Medical Device Park Scheme'.
- According to the Uttar Pradesh government, the Medical Device Park will be set up in Gautam Budh Nagar.
- It is noteworthy that to encourage the medical device industry in the country, the Ministry of Fertilizers and Chemicals of the Central Government has started the 'Promotion of Medical Device Park Scheme'.
- Under this scheme, in-principle approval has been given for the construction of 4 parks in Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh.
- A total financial assistance of Rs 400 crore will be provided under this scheme.
- The duration of this scheme has been fixed from 2020-21 to 2024-25.
Switch to Hindi