Medical Device Park
- 27 Sep 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- Recently, the Central Government has given in-principle approval for the establishment of a Medical Device Park in Uttar Pradesh under the 'Promotion of Medical Device Park Scheme'.
- According to the Uttar Pradesh government, the Medical Device Park will be set up in Gautam Budh Nagar.
- It is noteworthy that to encourage the medical device industry in the country, the Ministry of Fertilizers and Chemicals of the Central Government has started the 'Promotion of Medical Device Park Scheme'.
- Under this scheme, in-principle approval has been given for the construction of 4 parks in Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh.
- A total financial assistance of Rs 400 crore will be provided under this scheme.
- The duration of this scheme has been fixed from 2020-21 to 2024-25.