Foreign Cooperation Department (FCD)
- 27 Sep 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On September 25, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the official website (http:\\www.fcd.haryana.gov.in.) of Foreign Cooperation Department (FCD)
- This website provides an incredible opportunity for non-resident Haryanvi to reconnect, rediscover and revive their roots in Haryana. The website of FCD provides comprehensive information about Haryana, its culture, reasons to invest in Haryana, export performance of the state, etc.
- The new features of the website include Diaspora Registration Form, Export Registration Form, Trade Information Form and Export Guide for potential exporters from Haryana.
- The Department of Foreign Cooperation is the first of its kind department established by any state in India. FCD propagates the state government's vision of transforming Haryana through a 'Go Global Approach'.
- The FCD is a dedicated department of the Government of Haryana, responsible for the state's diplomacy, bilateral and multilateral relations at the international level, and assistance to the Haryanvi diaspora.
- The objective of FCD is to promote Haryana as the most preferred destination for foreign investment, promotion of exports from Haryana, country-wise strategy to promote trade, inbound and outbound investments, and promote the culture of Haryana.
- This department is responsible for formulating country-wise communication strategy for promoting mutual cooperation and liaising with Indian Missions abroad and Foreign Missions in India on matters relating to investment, employment, education, skill development, culture and NRI/PIO matters. It is also the nodal agency of the state.