- 27 Sep 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On the occasion of the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay on September 25, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the 'Samparan' portal.
- The objective of this portal is to encourage such volunteers who are willing to serve the society and can become an essential part of social upliftment in Haryana by dedicating their time and effort towards social work.
- Volunteers will be connected through this portal, after which the services of volunteers including youth, retired employees will be taken in the field of education, skill development, sports, agriculture etc.
- The Chief Minister said that 'Sarparan' will provide a platform to volunteers who wish to do something good for the society, for example - if someone wants to help children, they can register on this portal to educate them or make them play sports or skill training. Similarly if someone wants to work for the welfare of women then he can make them aware about nutrition, empowerment or security.
- Voluntary services provided through the 'Samparan' initiative are linked to various programs and initiatives of the government, such as education, women and child development, farmers welfare, skill development.
- He said that the unique feature of voluntary services is that they are individual-based and through this great spirit of dedication one can help the government and the local community in fulfilling the goal of good governance