Why in News
- On September 26, 2021, the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Pushkar Singh Dhami, duly launched the Financial Assistance Scheme for the transport businessmen (drivers/conductors/cleaners) affected by Covid-19.
- Under this scheme, an amount of Rs 2000 per month will be provided to 103235 drivers/conductors/cleaners of the entire state for 6 months.
- In the first phase of the scheme, 36,100 transport businessmen (which includes 34,635 drivers, 930 operators and 535 cleaners) will be given financial assistance of Rs 2000 per month through DBT.
- For the successful implementation of this scheme, a portal has been created by the Transport Department, through which transport businessmen can apply online.
Why in News
- On September 26, 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami announced the launch of 'Mukhyamantri Nari Sashaktikaran Yojana' (Chief Minister Women Empowerment Scheme) to make women self-reliant.
- Under this scheme, loans will be made available to the women of Uttarakhand for self-employment. This will make women financially independent.
- Under this, a subsidy of 30 percent or up to Rs 1 lakh will be provided in the loan given to women.
- Unmarried, divorced, handicapped women will be able to get the benefit of this scheme.
- For the implementation of this scheme, a committee will be constituted under the chairmanship of the General Manager, District Industries Center in urban areas and Block Development Officer in rural areas.
Switch to Hindi