Why in News
- Banarasi Pink Meenakari Gifts were presented to US Vice President Kamala Harris and Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his recent visit to the United States of America.
- Meenakari, also known as enamelling, is the art of decorating a metal surface by mixing minerals. Meenakari was brought to India by the Mughals.
- This process is often used on Kundan. Under this, between the stone and the mount on one side of the article, there is a gold layer inlay of precious gems, while on the other side the shiny layer is plated with the Meena technique.
- The Meenakari of Varanasi is part of its rich cultural heritage. It was given a GI Tag in the year 2015.
Why in News
- Recently, Bihar Agricultural University has decided to implement Rohtas model of stubble management in the entire state.
- Under the Rohtas model, a compressed bundle of stubble is made at high pressure with the help of a machine called a Strabbler. This bundle is sold to dairy societies, where it is used as fodder. This not only provides additional income to the farmers but also solves the fodder problem of the cattle rearers and encourages animal husbandry and milk production.
- This stubble management model of Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Rohtas has been awarded Eco-Agriculture Award, 2021 in May 2021.
- Apart from this, efforts have also been started by the State Agriculture Department to make biochar from stubble, under which biochar compost will be manufactured by burning the stubble at 360ºC temperature with the help of a special furnace.
- The management of stubble in North India is a very complex problem. In fact, burning crop residues (stubble) by farmers every year creates various environmental and health problems, for example the problem of smog in the winter season in Delhi NCR. In such a situation, it is an important step to extend the Rohtas model of stubble management to the entire state of Bihar.
Why in News
- On September 24, 2021, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved the changed scenario after the implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST) and the proposal for restructuring the Commercial Tax Department for its better and effective implementation in the state.
- Under this, the number of zones, regular circles and wards will be increased for better administrative arrangements. Also, for the convenience of the taxpayers, the offices of the Appellate Authority have also been approved.
- Along with this, the Chief Minister has given the approval to create 15 additional posts of Rajasthan Commercial Tax Service and Rajasthan Commercial Tax (Subordinate) Service. With this, the number of cadres of the department will increase to 1833.
- Under the proposal, a new zone will be created in Bhiwadi for effective implementation of GST in the state. This will take the number of administrative zones to 16. Zones Jaipur-4 and Jodhpur-2 will be made functional. The number of regular circles will be increased by one and a half times from 82 to 135. The number of regular wards will also be increased from 296 to 320.
- Special circle, works contracts and leasing tax have no relevance after the introduction of GST, hence they are being abolished.
- For the convenience of the taxpayers, the office of the Appellate Authority has been approved in the Kota Zone.
- The Business Intelligence Unit is being formed to strengthen the audit and anti-evasion work. This technically competent unit will also include departmental officers and this unit will effectively analyze the data of the GSTN database and e-way bill portal.
- The Anti-Evasion Wing is being renamed as Enforcement Wing. Also, a cyber cell is being set up to identify genuine persons involved in tax fraud activities.
- A three-tier audit structure will be created at the state, zone and regular circle level. Audit of large and complex cases will be ensured at the state and zonal levels.
- The Taxpayer Care Unit is being constituted to resolve the grievances of the taxpayers who discharge their tax obligation honestly. This will include qualified CAs and tax practitioners.
- A Central Registration Unit will be set up to ensure simple, easy and quick registration of dealers. The registration will be done as per the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- To make Rajasthan State Tax Academy (STAR) a state-of-the-art training institute, it will be updated incorporating the current changes.
- The Commercial Taxes Department plays an important role in the collection of tax revenue of the State Government. Its contribution to the tax revenue of the state is about 50 percent. The tax revenue target for the financial year 2021-22 is more than Rs 60,000 crore. At present, RGST Act-2017, Rajasthan VAT Act-2003 and Rajasthan Electricity (Duty) Act-1962 are implemented by this department in the state.
Why in News
- Recently, Bhopal club has become champion in the 9th state-level Dragon Boat Race Junior Boys/Girls and Senior Women/Men Championships held at Chote Talab in Bhopal.
- This race championship was organized by Madhya Pradesh Kayaking and Canoeing Association.
- In this race, Bhopal Club got first place in 500m 10+2 mix event, Madhya Pradesh Academy second and Adventure Club got third place.
- In 500m 10+2 men's event, Bhopal Club got first position, Madhya Pradesh Academy got second and Bhind got third place.
- In the 200m 10+2 men's event, Bhopal Club stood first, Bhind stood second and Adventure Club stood third.
- In 200m 10+2 Mix event, Madhya Pradesh Academy stood first, Bhopal Club stood second and Adventure Club stood third.
- The winners of the above competition will be selected for the 9th National Dragon Vote Race Senior Women/Men and Junior Boys/Girls Competition 2020-21, which will be held from October 9 to 12, 2021 at Chamra Lake (Himachal Pradesh).
Why in News
- On September 24, 2021, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has decided to implement Ladli Laxmi Yojana in a new form as 'Ladli Laxmi Yojana 2.0 - Atmanirbhar Ladli' to make daughters self-reliant and financially self-reliant.
- In order to bring a change in the mindset of the society towards daughters, at present more than 39.81 lakh daughters are involved in the Ladli Laxmi Yojana, which was implemented in the year 2007.
- The Chief Minister said that the Ladli Laxmi Yojana 2.0-Atmanirbhar Ladli has laid emphasis on skill training of the girl child and availability of employment in various vocational fields, higher education and encouraging their talent in other areas of life. This will enable them to stand on their own feet and make a strong presence socially and economically.
- The Chief Minister has urged the daughters of the state to pursue higher education and vocational training by setting goals as per their interest in class 12th and beyond with dedication, enthusiasm and hard work. This will inspire other girls as well.
Why in News
- On September 24, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar handed over the Regular Letter of Allotment to a team of Aditya Birla Group for setting up a large paint manufacturing facility at Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited at Panipat.
- In this regard, an official spokesman said that 70 acres of land has been allotted to Aditya Birla Group for setting up a paint manufacturing facility at Panipat with an investment of Rs.1140 crore.
- According to the spokesperson, this allotment under the mega project category has been done by inviting online applications through open advertisement.
- This unit will provide direct employment to about 550 persons and will help in the industrial development of the area through the expansion of ancillary units.
Why in News
- Recently the Central Zoo Authority (CZA) at Vulture Conservation Breeding Center (VCBC), Pinjore, Haryana along with Bombay Natural History Society organized a National Review Meeting on Conservation Breeding of Vulture Species in India.
- According to a government spokesperson, Vulture Conservation Breeding Centre, Pinjore Coordinating Zoo and five other zoos - Nandankanan Biological Park, Bhubaneswar (Odisha), Van Vihar National Park and Zoo, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Sakkarbagh Zoo, Junagadh (Gujarat) will participate in the event, according to a government spokesperson, Nehru Zoological Park, Hyderabad (Telangana) and Assam State Zoo, Guwahati (Assam) are the participating zoos in the programme.
- An official spokesperson said that Rajabhatkhawa (West Bengal) and VCBC, Rani (Assam) centres which have been set up in collaboration with the respective state governments also participated in the meeting.
- Directors of all centres, veterinarians or biologists participated in this review meeting. During this a 'Manual for Vulture Keepers' developed by VCBC, Pinjore was released.
- The meeting recommended that the Action Plan for Conservation of Vultures in India (APVC), 2020-2025, coordinate the two additional species identified for conservation – the red-headed vulture (Sarcogyps calvus) and the Egyptian vulture (Neophron perconopterus). Can be taken under protection breeding.
- In the mid-nineties, the population of three gypsum vultures—white-backed, long-billed and slender-billed—had a sharp decline due to the use of diclofenac. The program was initiated after the CZA released the Action Plan for Vulture Conservation in 2006 to prevent their possible extinction.
Why in News
- On September 24, 2021, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel released the monograph published by Mukund Radio at his residence office. This monograph has compiled a visual document of nearly six decades of undivided Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh from 1952 to 2021.
- Sanjay Mohdiwale, operator of Mukund Radio, said that in this institute established in the 1950s, a pictorial details of all political-cultural programs has been kept.
- In this way, the institute has an album of photographs with the date of the celebrities attending the programs organized in Chhattisgarh region from the old era to present day digital age. The documents of these photographs have been published in the form of monographs.
- The editor of the monograph Rajesh Ganoudwale told the Chief Minister that in the book the first President Dr. Rajendra Prasad, former Prime Minister Shri Morarji Desai, Smt. Indira Gandhi, Chandrashekhar, Atal Bihari Bajpayee, Former President Giani Zail Singh, Ravi Shankar Shukla, Manna Dey, Pankaj Udhas, From the arrival of celebrities like Begum Akhtar, Jagjit Singh to Chhattisgarh, select photos from 2 years of Chief Minister Baghel’s tenure are included.
- The Chief Minister conveyed his congratulatory message by self-signing a copy of the monograph and said that collecting such a photographic document, which contains the record of all the personalities who came to the state and saving it for decades and publishing it sequentially, is a very important and commendable task in itself.
Why in News
- On September 24, 2021, Dr. Satyarthi, Deputy Director of the Family Planning Program informed that Chhattisgarh has been on the first position in the country for the last 5 years in sterilization during the male sterilization fortnight. During this, 4905 men have got sterilization done for family planning in the state.
- Dr Satyarthi informed that during the male sterilization fortnight, 966 men of the state underwent sterilization in the year 2017-18, 72 in the year 2018-19, 1695 in the year 2019-20, 168 in the year 2020-21 and 1349 in the year 2021-22.
- He said that during the sterilization fortnight, the department dispels the misconceptions and myths spread among the people regarding male sterilization by running special campaigns from village level to district level. Men are encouraged to undergo sterilization by organizing 'Mor Mitan Mor Sangwari' Choupal at the village level.
- It is worth mentioning that every year, Statewide Male Sterilization Fortnight is celebrated by the Department of Health and Family Welfare to improve reproductive health and increase the participation of men in family planning.
- The fortnight is organized in two phases. The first phase is in the form of Mobilization Week, in which men are made aware of sterilization by increasing the participation of men in population stabilization and conducting NSVT program smoothly in the state and village level on the theme of 'Mor Mitan Mor Sangwari'. In the seminars organized on this, men are motivated for sterilization. The second phase is celebrated as Service Delivery Week.
- The health department gives an incentive of Rs 2,000 to those who undergo sterilization and Rs 250 to the catalysts.
Why in News
- Recently, in compliance with the announcement of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, the state level 'Devdas Banjare Smriti Panthi Nritya Puraskar' has been instituted by the Culture Department in the memory of late Devdas Banjare, a famous Panthi Nartak of Chhattisgarh.
- Its purpose is to encourage and honor the participants and institutions in the field of performing arts, folk style 'Panthi Nritya' of Chhattisgarh.
- The manual of Devdas Banjare Smriti Panthi Dance Award has been published in the Gazette on September 10, 2021.
- It is noteworthy that Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel had announced to institute Panthi Nritya Puraskar in the memory of Late Devdas Banjare on the occasion of birth anniversary of Baba Guru Ghasidas Ji on 18th December, 2020.
- This award has been included in the state decoration ceremony organized on the occasion of State Foundation Day.
- Under the Panthi Nritya Puraskar, a prize money of Rs 50,000, a memento and a citation will be given.
- It is worth mentioning that the State Culture Department has already established 'Devdas Banjare Smriti Puraskar', which is established in the field of performing folk style art sector in the state. In the memory of Devdas Banjare, this second state level award has been instituted only in the field of performing arts in folk style 'Panthi Nritya'. In this way, the number of awards given from the Department of Culture has now increased to 8.
Why in News
- On September 24, 2021, Tehri Dam reservoir was filled for the first time to a height of 830 meters.
- It is worth mentioning that under the Tehri Hydroelectric Project, till now it is filled up to 828 meters, but in the month of August itself, after getting permission from the government, the water level was increased. With this, the Tehri Hydro Project will be able to generate electricity at its full capacity.
- It is noteworthy that ecologists have been raising concerns about the potential for disasters due to the construction of dams in the Himalayan region. In such a situation, given the sensitivity of the Himalayan ecology, the rise in the water level of the dams can pose a serious crisis, such as the recent rupture of the Nanda Devi Glacier caused a disaster situation in the area of Tapovan-Vishnugarh project.
- The Tehri Dam and Hydroelectric Project constructed on Bhagirathi River is being operated by Tehri Hydro Power Development Corporation India Limited.
- Power generation by this project was started in 2006. Tehri Hydroelectric Complex (2400 MW) has three components-
- Tehri Dam & Hydroelectric Project (1000 MW)
- Koteshwar Dam & Hydroelectric Project (400 MW)
- Tehri Pumped Storage Plant (1000 MW)
Why in News
- On September 24, 2021, Tourism Minister Satpal Maharaj inaugurated a special van 'Caravan' equipped with high comfort facilities for the people and tourists of Uttarakhand to travel to remote places of Uttarakhand.
- Maharaj said that this camping vehicle will provide all the facilities like home for the tourists who are fond of traveling. This vehicle has facilities like LCD TV, satellite TV, GPRS navigation system, washroom, pantry, microwave and other facilities.
- With this vehicle one can travel anywhere by road. It will directly benefit both the tourists and the people of Uttarakhand.
- The minister said that the caravan has been included in the Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Tourism Self Employment Scheme. These are also included under MSME under Tourism Plan 2018 wherein local people can buy 'Caravans'.
Why in News
- On September 24, 2021, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami along with Agriculture Minister Subodh Uniyal inaugurated the first-ever 'International Apple Festival' organized in the state under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- This International Apple Festival will be organized in Dehradun from September 24 to 26.
- Apple growers from Himachal, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhand and other states participated in the festival. About 50 apple varieties from across the country were included in this festival.
- The main objective of the festival is to promote apple production in the state and identify the apples of Uttarakhand to the international market so that the branding of Uttarakhand apples can be done from national to international market.
- On this occasion, Dhami announced the status of covid warriors to horticulture farmers/workers, and also announced doubling of the budget for the state government-run Mission Apple.
Switch to Hindi