Why in News
- Recently, Bhopal club has become champion in the 9th state-level Dragon Boat Race Junior Boys/Girls and Senior Women/Men Championships held at Chote Talab in Bhopal.
- This race championship was organized by Madhya Pradesh Kayaking and Canoeing Association.
- In this race, Bhopal Club got first place in 500m 10+2 mix event, Madhya Pradesh Academy second and Adventure Club got third place.
- In 500m 10+2 men's event, Bhopal Club got first position, Madhya Pradesh Academy got second and Bhind got third place.
- In the 200m 10+2 men's event, Bhopal Club stood first, Bhind stood second and Adventure Club stood third.
- In 200m 10+2 Mix event, Madhya Pradesh Academy stood first, Bhopal Club stood second and Adventure Club stood third.
- The winners of the above competition will be selected for the 9th National Dragon Vote Race Senior Women/Men and Junior Boys/Girls Competition 2020-21, which will be held from October 9 to 12, 2021 at Chamra Lake (Himachal Pradesh).
Why in News
- On September 24, 2021, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has decided to implement Ladli Laxmi Yojana in a new form as 'Ladli Laxmi Yojana 2.0 - Atmanirbhar Ladli' to make daughters self-reliant and financially self-reliant.
- In order to bring a change in the mindset of the society towards daughters, at present more than 39.81 lakh daughters are involved in the Ladli Laxmi Yojana, which was implemented in the year 2007.
- The Chief Minister said that the Ladli Laxmi Yojana 2.0-Atmanirbhar Ladli has laid emphasis on skill training of the girl child and availability of employment in various vocational fields, higher education and encouraging their talent in other areas of life. This will enable them to stand on their own feet and make a strong presence socially and economically.
- The Chief Minister has urged the daughters of the state to pursue higher education and vocational training by setting goals as per their interest in class 12th and beyond with dedication, enthusiasm and hard work. This will inspire other girls as well.
Switch to Hindi