International Apple Festival
- 25 Sep 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On September 24, 2021, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami along with Agriculture Minister Subodh Uniyal inaugurated the first-ever 'International Apple Festival' organized in the state under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- This International Apple Festival will be organized in Dehradun from September 24 to 26.
- Apple growers from Himachal, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhand and other states participated in the festival. About 50 apple varieties from across the country were included in this festival.
- The main objective of the festival is to promote apple production in the state and identify the apples of Uttarakhand to the international market so that the branding of Uttarakhand apples can be done from national to international market.
- On this occasion, Dhami announced the status of covid warriors to horticulture farmers/workers, and also announced doubling of the budget for the state government-run Mission Apple.