Devdas Banjare Smriti Panthi Dance Award
- 25 Sep 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- Recently, in compliance with the announcement of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, the state level 'Devdas Banjare Smriti Panthi Nritya Puraskar' has been instituted by the Culture Department in the memory of late Devdas Banjare, a famous Panthi Nartak of Chhattisgarh.
- Its purpose is to encourage and honor the participants and institutions in the field of performing arts, folk style 'Panthi Nritya' of Chhattisgarh.
- The manual of Devdas Banjare Smriti Panthi Dance Award has been published in the Gazette on September 10, 2021.
- It is noteworthy that Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel had announced to institute Panthi Nritya Puraskar in the memory of Late Devdas Banjare on the occasion of birth anniversary of Baba Guru Ghasidas Ji on 18th December, 2020.
- This award has been included in the state decoration ceremony organized on the occasion of State Foundation Day.
- Under the Panthi Nritya Puraskar, a prize money of Rs 50,000, a memento and a citation will be given.
- It is worth mentioning that the State Culture Department has already established 'Devdas Banjare Smriti Puraskar', which is established in the field of performing folk style art sector in the state. In the memory of Devdas Banjare, this second state level award has been instituted only in the field of performing arts in folk style 'Panthi Nritya'. In this way, the number of awards given from the Department of Culture has now increased to 8.