Why in News
- Aiming to strengthen the participatory rural economy and infrastructure, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the ‘Uttar Pradesh Mathrubhumi Yojana’ on September 15, 2021.
- It will make common citizens a direct participant in the development work of the state.
- The Uttar Pradesh CM made this announcement while inaugurating and laying the foundation stones of various roads under the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) and district panchayats.
- The Chief Minister asked the Department of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj to submit an action plan for the formal launch of this innovative scheme.
- Under this, every person will get a chance to directly participate in various works of infrastructure development in the villages.
- The state government will bear 50% of the total cost of the project, while the remaining 50% will be contributed by the interested people. In return, the project can be named after the relatives of the collaborators as per their wish.
- The 'Uttar Pradesh Mathrubhumi Yojana' can be a good attempt in the establishments of health centres, Anganwadi, library, stadium, gymnasium, open gym, cattle breed improvement centre, fire service station among others in villages.
- The CM expressed happiness for the construction of roads in Azamgarh and Jaunpur district panchayats through FDR (Full Depth Reclamation) as a pilot project and said that Uttar Pradesh is the first state to use FDR technology in PMGSY projects.
Why in News
- On September 15, 2021 Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated Pepsico's largest greenfield foods plant in Kosi Kalan in Mathura.
- With the support of the UP government this food processing unit has been set up by PepsiCo in Kosi Kalan in less than two years.
- The plant would create over 1,500 direct and indirect jobs.
- This is PepsiCo India's largest food processing plant established in India.
- A short film named 'Unnati Ki Saathiya' produced by PepsiCo was also screened during the event.
- This Foods Plant unit has been set up at a cost of more than Rs 800 crore. 1.5 lakh metric tonnes of potatoes will be processed per year through this Foods Plant Unit.
- It is noteworthy that Uttar Pradesh is the largest food grain producing state of the country.
- Potato is produced on a large scale in 8 districts of Agra and Aligarh divisions of Braj region. The establishment of this unit will be helpful in increasing the income of potato growing farmers of this region.
Why in News
- In the light of a decision given by the Supreme Court, the Uttar Pradesh government has constituted the Transgender Welfare Board.
- The board will give suggestions to the government for policy and institutional reforms while working on the needs, issues and problems of the transgenders.
- Uttar Pradesh Transgender Welfare Board is an organization with total 23 members. Its structure is as follows-
- Chairman: Social Welfare Minister
- Deputy Chairman: A member of the Transgender community nominated by the Chief Minister
- Member Secretary: Director, Social Welfare Department
- Convenor: Additional Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary
- Members: 5 representatives of the transgender community and 2 representatives of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) working for the transgender community.
- Ex-officio Member: Secretaries of various departments and Lucknow Police Commissioner
- The term of the non-official members of the Board will be for 3 years and the Board will be required to meet once in three months.
- Apart from this, Transgender Cooperation Unit will be constituted under the chairmanship of Director, Social Welfare, which will prepare the database of transgenders as well as solving the problems of transgenders and submit the report to the government regarding the time-limit for implementation of policies.
- There will also be a 13-member committee under the chairmanship of DM in the districts, which will meet every month.
Why in News
- Recently, Minister of State for Tribal Area Development Arjun Bamania informed during Question Hour in the Vidhan Sabha that Public Representatives would also be added as consultants in the Marwar Regional Tribal Development Board.
- For the purpose of promoting education in Jalore, Pali and other districts, hostels have also been sanctioned through the board.
- It is noteworthy that the Marwar Regional Tribal Development Board was constituted on February 2, 2021.
- The objective of Marwar Regional Development Board is to develop the scheduled tribe community of Mada, Mada cluster and scattered tribal areas of Jodhpur division.
- This board will work as a permanent advisory body of the state government regarding the upliftment and development of the scheduled tribe community in Jodhpur Administrative Division, to prepare special schemes in this regard and implement them through the Tribal Regional Development Department or other departments. The state government has the right to make recommendations.
Why in News
- Recently, the implementation of Rajasthan Sarkar Vatsalya Yojana was started by the District Child Protection Unit, Jaipur to ensure that children in need of care and protection are brought up in a family environment.
- Rohit Jain, assistant director of the District Child Guardianship Unit, said that under this scheme in the district, applications have been invited for marking the prospective foster parents willing to nurture and take care of the children in the family environment under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015.
- Any interested prospective foster parent can submit an application to the office of the Assistant Director, District Child Protection Unit, Jaipur. Temporary family care (other than adoption) shall be provided to children in need of care and protection as defined in Section 2(14) of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 through foster parents.
- The eligibility for foster parents under Vatsalya Yojana is as follows-
- In the case of an individual (male or female) minimum age should not exceed 25 years and maximum age should not exceed 65 years, they should not have any criminal record, Single male should not be allowed to take a girl child into foster care.
- Prospective foster parents will submit the prescribed application form along with proof of age, residence proof, income certificate, paramedical certificate of income tax return, police verification report and testimony of two eminent persons.
- It is noteworthy that Vatsalya Yojana was launched by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot during the budget speech of the year 2020-21.
Why in News
- On September 15, 2021, the name of the State General Poor Classes Welfare Commission was changed to 'Madhya Pradesh State General Poor Classes Welfare Commission' by the state government.
- It is noteworthy that the State Government had constituted the State General Poor Classes Welfare Commission on January 28, 2008.
- Regarding the change of name, the Deputy Secretary of the General Administration Department Manisha Setia has issued orders.
- It is to be known that in Satna, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had made an announcement in this regard recently.
Why in News
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has directed all the heads of departments to ensure that all schemes and services of their respective departments are linked to the Parivar Pehchan Patra (PPP) by November 1, 2021.
- Launched in the spirit of Antyodaya, PPP is an ambitious scheme of the state government, which aims to provide the benefits of all government welfare programs and services to eligible families.
- Haryana is the first state in the country to make such a scheme for making family identity cards or Parivar Pehchan Patra for every family. So far, no such scheme has been started either in the country or abroad.
- Mentioning the benefits of the PPP scheme, the Chief Minister said that after linking PPP with admission in colleges, automatic verification of students' data was done. With this, now students will not have to go here and there for their verification work.
- Earlier, there was no system to verify the beneficiaries but now there will be complete transparency in the implementation of government schemes through PPP.
- With the introduction of the PPP, it will be easier to find out which person is eligible for which scheme and who has not yet received the benefits.
- With the introduction of this scheme, now the benefits of government schemes can also be available through smart cards linked to the PPP.
- Initially, Ayushman Bharat, Public Ration Distribution System, Mukhyamantri Parivar Samridhi Yojana and the pension scheme will be linked with the smart cards.
Why in News
- In the recent survey being conducted by the Geological Survey of India (GSI), there is an estimate of Emerald or Panna reserves in an area of 25 sq km. in Gurbandha of East Singhbhum district.
- It is worth noting that the survey is being done by GSI by drone from September 7, 2021, in which the possibility of getting emeralds in Chawri Buru hills located in Gurbandha and Tharkugoda has been expressed.
- Emerald green-colored beryl is a precious stone of the mineral family. Since it is considered a symbol of prosperity, it is used as ornaments from the point of view of astrology.
Why in News
- Recently, the state's first steel bridge has been completed on Karmatpara drain in Kuakonda block of Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh. However, Transport has not started on it yet.
- Significantly, this bridge built between Kuakonda-Mailawada has been completed in just 20 days.
- Six more such bridges will be built in 6 villages- Dudhiras, Koriras, Badegudra, Hidpal, Kasoli and Nakulnar in 3 blocks (Katekalyan, Geedam and Kuakonda) of the district.
- Due to the construction of these bridges, the villagers of these areas will not have to face the problem of traffic during the rainy days.
- It is noteworthy that this area is a Naxalite affected area. There is not much need for the camps of the security forces to build steel bridges here. Steel bridges are easily built and ready in less time.
Why in News
- On September 15, 2021, Chief Justice of the High Court Justice Raghvendra Singh Chouhan administered the oath of office and secrecy to retired Lieutenant General Gurmeet Singh as the Governor of Uttarakhand at the Raj Bhavan in Uttarakhand.
- Gurmeet Singh has become the eighth governor of Uttarakhand.
- It is noteworthy that Baby Rani Maurya, the 7th Governor of Uttarakhand, resigned from her office on September 8, 2021.
- The first Sikh governor of Uttarakhand was Surjit Singh Barnala, followed by Gurmeet Singh as the second Sikh governor.
- Lieutenant General Gurmeet Singh is also the first Governor of Uttarakhand with military background.
- Lt Gen Gurmeet Singh's native village is Jalal (Amritsar).
Switch to Hindi