PepsiCo Food Plant in Mathura
- 16 Sep 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On September 15, 2021 Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated Pepsico's largest greenfield foods plant in Kosi Kalan in Mathura.
- With the support of the UP government this food processing unit has been set up by PepsiCo in Kosi Kalan in less than two years.
- The plant would create over 1,500 direct and indirect jobs.
- This is PepsiCo India's largest food processing plant established in India.
- A short film named 'Unnati Ki Saathiya' produced by PepsiCo was also screened during the event.
- This Foods Plant unit has been set up at a cost of more than Rs 800 crore. 1.5 lakh metric tonnes of potatoes will be processed per year through this Foods Plant Unit.
- It is noteworthy that Uttar Pradesh is the largest food grain producing state of the country.
- Potato is produced on a large scale in 8 districts of Agra and Aligarh divisions of Braj region. The establishment of this unit will be helpful in increasing the income of potato growing farmers of this region.