State's First Steel Bridge
- 16 Sep 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- Recently, the state's first steel bridge has been completed on Karmatpara drain in Kuakonda block of Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh. However, Transport has not started on it yet.
- Significantly, this bridge built between Kuakonda-Mailawada has been completed in just 20 days.
- Six more such bridges will be built in 6 villages- Dudhiras, Koriras, Badegudra, Hidpal, Kasoli and Nakulnar in 3 blocks (Katekalyan, Geedam and Kuakonda) of the district.
- Due to the construction of these bridges, the villagers of these areas will not have to face the problem of traffic during the rainy days.
- It is noteworthy that this area is a Naxalite affected area. There is not much need for the camps of the security forces to build steel bridges here. Steel bridges are easily built and ready in less time.