Why in News
- Aiming to strengthen the participatory rural economy and infrastructure, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched the ‘Uttar Pradesh Mathrubhumi Yojana’ on September 15, 2021.
- It will make common citizens a direct participant in the development work of the state.
- The Uttar Pradesh CM made this announcement while inaugurating and laying the foundation stones of various roads under the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) and district panchayats.
- The Chief Minister asked the Department of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj to submit an action plan for the formal launch of this innovative scheme.
- Under this, every person will get a chance to directly participate in various works of infrastructure development in the villages.
- The state government will bear 50% of the total cost of the project, while the remaining 50% will be contributed by the interested people. In return, the project can be named after the relatives of the collaborators as per their wish.
- The 'Uttar Pradesh Mathrubhumi Yojana' can be a good attempt in the establishments of health centres, Anganwadi, library, stadium, gymnasium, open gym, cattle breed improvement centre, fire service station among others in villages.
- The CM expressed happiness for the construction of roads in Azamgarh and Jaunpur district panchayats through FDR (Full Depth Reclamation) as a pilot project and said that Uttar Pradesh is the first state to use FDR technology in PMGSY projects.
Why in News
- On September 15, 2021 Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated Pepsico's largest greenfield foods plant in Kosi Kalan in Mathura.
- With the support of the UP government this food processing unit has been set up by PepsiCo in Kosi Kalan in less than two years.
- The plant would create over 1,500 direct and indirect jobs.
- This is PepsiCo India's largest food processing plant established in India.
- A short film named 'Unnati Ki Saathiya' produced by PepsiCo was also screened during the event.
- This Foods Plant unit has been set up at a cost of more than Rs 800 crore. 1.5 lakh metric tonnes of potatoes will be processed per year through this Foods Plant Unit.
- It is noteworthy that Uttar Pradesh is the largest food grain producing state of the country.
- Potato is produced on a large scale in 8 districts of Agra and Aligarh divisions of Braj region. The establishment of this unit will be helpful in increasing the income of potato growing farmers of this region.
Why in News
- In the light of a decision given by the Supreme Court, the Uttar Pradesh government has constituted the Transgender Welfare Board.
- The board will give suggestions to the government for policy and institutional reforms while working on the needs, issues and problems of the transgenders.
- Uttar Pradesh Transgender Welfare Board is an organization with total 23 members. Its structure is as follows-
- Chairman: Social Welfare Minister
- Deputy Chairman: A member of the Transgender community nominated by the Chief Minister
- Member Secretary: Director, Social Welfare Department
- Convenor: Additional Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary
- Members: 5 representatives of the transgender community and 2 representatives of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) working for the transgender community.
- Ex-officio Member: Secretaries of various departments and Lucknow Police Commissioner
- The term of the non-official members of the Board will be for 3 years and the Board will be required to meet once in three months.
- Apart from this, Transgender Cooperation Unit will be constituted under the chairmanship of Director, Social Welfare, which will prepare the database of transgenders as well as solving the problems of transgenders and submit the report to the government regarding the time-limit for implementation of policies.
- There will also be a 13-member committee under the chairmanship of DM in the districts, which will meet every month.
Switch to Hindi