Star marking (1-5) indicates the importance of topic
Why in News
- Recently, there was confusion about coarse and yellow rice found in ration shops in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh. After this, it was clarified by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) that it is fortified rice not plastic rice.
- It is worth mentioning that for the solution of malnutrition, fortified rice is being distributed by the Central Government in the Child Development Scheme, Mid-Day Meal Scheme and Public Distribution System.
- Elements like vitamin B2, B3 and iron have been included in this fortified rice.
- According to FSSAI, one kilogram of fortified rice is mixed with 50 kilograms of normal rice.
- There is a deficiency of nutrients like Vitamin B6, B3 and Vitamin E at the time of polishing of rice in rice meal. For this, the government has decided to distribute fortified rice.
Switch to Hindi