Why in News
- Recently, the state's first steel bridge has been completed on Karmatpara drain in Kuakonda block of Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh. However, Transport has not started on it yet.
- Significantly, this bridge built between Kuakonda-Mailawada has been completed in just 20 days.
- Six more such bridges will be built in 6 villages- Dudhiras, Koriras, Badegudra, Hidpal, Kasoli and Nakulnar in 3 blocks (Katekalyan, Geedam and Kuakonda) of the district.
- Due to the construction of these bridges, the villagers of these areas will not have to face the problem of traffic during the rainy days.
- It is noteworthy that this area is a Naxalite affected area. There is not much need for the camps of the security forces to build steel bridges here. Steel bridges are easily built and ready in less time.
Switch to Hindi