Why in News
- According to a recent report, the Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow has claimed to make the indigenous drug 'Umifenovir' of Corona.
- In fact, after the successful Phase III trial of Umifenovir conducted by CDRI, it is being claimed that this drug is very effective in the treatment of mild and asymptomatic patients of corona. Also, useful as a prophylactic for high-risk patients. It eliminates virus load in five days.
- Umifenovir destroys the cell culture of SARS Cov-2 virus very effectively and prevents the entry of this virus into human cells.
- Umifenovir is a broad-spectrum antiviral drug, which has been used as a safe medicine for influenza and pneumonia in Russia, China and other countries for many years.
Why in News
- On September 14, 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh State University at Moosepur village in Aligarh and observed the progress of Aligarh node of Defence Industrial Corridor.
- This university will become a major center for development of technology and manpower related to modern education and depression manufacturing.
- It is noteworthy that Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh was a freedom fighter who formed India's first government-in-exile in 1915 in Kabul. In this government, the President himself was Raja Mahendra Pratap and the Prime Minister was Barkatullah.
- Apart from this, the Defense Corridor will be developed in Andala on Khair Road in 1000 acres, for which the responsibility of development has been given to UPEDA.
- In the Aligarh node of Uttar Pradesh Defense Industrial Corridor, new industries are being set up for small arms, drones, aerospace, metal components, defense packaging, this will establish a new identity of Aligarh and the surrounding area.
- Under the Uttar Pradesh Defense Corridor, there is a plan to develop a defense corridor in 6 cities of the state. These six cities are Lucknow, Kanpur, Agra, Aligarh, Chitrakoot and Jhansi.
Why in News
- Recently, the engineer and technician of Jamalpur Rail Workshop in Bihar has submitted a report on the design and cost of a crane lifting 175 tons to the Railway Board and the Ministry of Railways.
- Jamalpur Rail Workshop is the first rail factory in Asia. It is manufacturing a crane lifting 140 tons, the specialty of which is that it can work at 90º.
- Before Jamalpur, an attempt was made to make such a crane in the Parel factory of Maharashtra, but it was not successful.
- So far, cranes lifting 175 tons are being manufactured only in China and Germany.
Why in News
- On September 14, 2021, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved proposals worth more than Rs. 49.71 crore for Center of Excellence Lab and various specialist services and facilities etc. in Ayurveda University.
- To promote wellness tourism and Ayurveda in Rajasthan, facilities will be expanded at Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University, Jodhpur.
- As per the proposal, an 'International Center of Excellence in Panchakarma' will be set up in Ayurveda University at a cost of over Rs 43.81 crore.
- Chemistry will be expanded along with setting up of an 'International Center of Excellence in Panchakarma' and a 'Drug Testing Lab' in the university.
- It is noteworthy that in the state budget year 2021-22, an announcement was made for their establishment and expansion of facilities in the university.
- With a view to promote wellness tourism, 100 beds facility will be available in this center to stay in the natural environment. In this sequence a total of 53 huts and 47 cottages including 9 super deluxe huts and 44 deluxe huts as well as huts for Panchakarma therapy will be constructed.
- An artificial lake and administrative building will be constructed in the wellness center. The center will be operated on PPP mode by world class companies and institutions specialized in the field of Panchakarma therapy. Technical support for this center will be provided by the experts of the university.
- Construction work will be done for a drug testing lab in Ayurveda University at a cost of about Rs 1 crore and necessary furniture and fixtures will be installed at a cost of Rs 60 lakh.
- The total construction cost of the lab is around Rs.5.10 crores with an expenditure of Rs.3.50 crores on procurement of various equipment. For this lab, services of various personnel will be taken on contract basis through the service provider agency.
Why in News
- On September 14, 2021, Additional Chief Secretary J.N. Kansotia informed that the work of setting up of National Kamdhenu Breeding Center at Kiratpur (Itarsi) in Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh has been completed for North India.
- The objective of this center is to conserve and promote Indian bovine breeds, increase production and productivity, upgrade genetic quality, supply certified germplasm and save indigenous breeds from extinction.
- It is noteworthy that the Government of India has approved the establishment of two National Kamdhenu Breeding Centers (NKBC) in the country. NKBC is being established in Kiratpur district of Madhya Pradesh in North India and Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh in South India.
- In the first phase, 13 breeds of cows – Sahiwal, Gir, Kankrej, Red Sindhi, Rathi, Tharparkar, Malvi, Nimadi, Kenkatha, Khilari, Haryanvi, Gangatiri and Gavlav and four breeds of buffalo – Nili Rabi, Jafrabadi, Bhadavari and Murra have to maintained.
- At present, 195 of the Gir, Sahiwal, Tharparkar, Nimari, Malvi, Kankrej, Red Sindhi, Rathi and Khilari breeds of cows and 107 of the buffaloes of Murra, Nili Rabi, Bhadavari and Jafrabadi breeds Haryana, Rathi, Kankrej, Nimadi are at Kiratpur center at present. 9 bulls of Malvi, Kenkatha and Jafrabadi breeds are available.
- State Livestock and Poultry Development Corporation Managing Director H.B.S. Bhadauria informed that the breeding center is being set up in an area of 270 acres with the help of Rs 25 crore cent percent from the central government.
Why in News
- Recently, Haryana Government has also implemented an online transfer policy on contract employees engaged under Outsourcing Policy Part-II.
- With the objective of bringing transparency and uniformity in the transfers of employees by the Haryana Government, the online transfer policy has been implemented on the employees engaged under this policy.
- The decision of the government will be effective on 80 or more employees appointed under contract in the same cadre posts in different government departments, boards, corporations.
- On behalf of the Chief Secretary, the General Administration Department has issued orders in this regard to all Administrative Secretaries, Heads of Departments, Managing Directors of Board-Corporations, Chief Administrators, all Divisional Commissioners and DCs.
- Under the online transfer policy, 80 or more employees of a cadre in the state will be covered, that is, a total of about 15 thousand employees will be covered under it.
Why in News
- On September 14, 2021, 17 proposals were approved by the Jharkhand cabinet, in which important proposals like levying toll tax on-road vehicles in mining areas in addition to building a solar city in Giridih were approved.
- Giridih district holds an important place in Jharkhand due to being a tourist destination of Parasnath.
- Jharkhand's Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has approved Rs. 80.75 crore, selecting Giridih as a solar city.
- The share of the Center and the states in this project will be 40 and 60 percent respectively.
- A grant of Rs 3.75 crore has been sanctioned to the state's Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- Under this, there is a provision to give 100% subsidy to the families having annual income up to Rs. 3 lakh.
- Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Bokaro and Deoghar have been selected to be developed as solar cities in the second phase.
Why in News
- On September 14, 2021, Secretary of the State Cabinet Coordination Department, Vandana Dadel informed that the State Cabinet has approved setting up of e-FIR police stations in 22 districts, so that people can register FIRs without visiting the police stations.
- Cases of special nature related to women and child crimes, theft, burglary and missing complaints of minors can be registered without going to the police stations.
- FIRs related to such cases can be registered through citizen portal or mobile App. For this, except Ramgarh and Khunti, e-FIRs police stations are going to be set up in all 22 districts.
- As per the Government’s proposal, the e-FIR police stations will function in the already functioning Composite Control Room in each district.
- Only officers in the rank of DSPs or Inspectors will be given the additional command of in-charge of e-FIR police station.
Why in News
- On September 14, 2021, the General Administration Department of the state government issued a circular to all the departments of the government regarding the change in the definition of 'local residents' of the state. It has been said in the circular that along with the above new condition, all other conditions of the circular referred to will remain in force.
- The state government has amended the instructions issued earlier by the general administration regarding the definition of 'local residents' and added a new condition, according to which the applicants who are now pursuing education in schools of other states outside Chhattisgarh or who have passed out of the state. have received an education, if their parents are eligible to get the local residence certificate of Chhattisgarh state, then they will also be eligible to get the local residence certificate of Chhattisgarh state.
- Significantly, a decision in this regard was taken in the cabinet meeting held on 8 September under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel. In compliance of this circular has been issued by the General Administration Department to all the departments of the Government, Chairman Chhattisgarh Revenue Board, Bilaspur, all the Heads of the Departments, all the Divisional Commissioners, all the Collectors, all the Chief Executive Officers of the District Panchayat in this regard.
- It is noteworthy that in this regard, a new condition has been added by amending the instructions issued in the reference circular issued by the General Administration on June 17, 2003.
Why in News
- On September 14, 2021, four cows of the Kashipur block of Uttarakhand were found positive with LSD (Lumpy Skin Disease) virus in a report given by Indian Veterinary Research Institute.
- It is noteworthy that earlier cases of LSD disease were seen in the year 2012 in West Bengal and Maharashtra.
- LSD is a viral disease of animals, due to the infection of which lumps are formed everywhere in the animal's body. Its virus spreads in animals through flies, mosquitoes, animal-to-animal contact and animal saliva etc.
- In this disease, the animal mortality rate is low, but the milk production capacity of the animals declines.
- According to the Department of Animal Husbandry, the lumpy skin virus was first detected in Zimbabwe's milch animals in 1929.
Switch to Hindi