International Center of Excellence
- 15 Sep 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On September 14, 2021, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot approved proposals worth more than Rs. 49.71 crore for Center of Excellence Lab and various specialist services and facilities etc. in Ayurveda University.
- To promote wellness tourism and Ayurveda in Rajasthan, facilities will be expanded at Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University, Jodhpur.
- As per the proposal, an 'International Center of Excellence in Panchakarma' will be set up in Ayurveda University at a cost of over Rs 43.81 crore.
- Chemistry will be expanded along with setting up of an 'International Center of Excellence in Panchakarma' and a 'Drug Testing Lab' in the university.
- It is noteworthy that in the state budget year 2021-22, an announcement was made for their establishment and expansion of facilities in the university.
- With a view to promote wellness tourism, 100 beds facility will be available in this center to stay in the natural environment. In this sequence a total of 53 huts and 47 cottages including 9 super deluxe huts and 44 deluxe huts as well as huts for Panchakarma therapy will be constructed.
- An artificial lake and administrative building will be constructed in the wellness center. The center will be operated on PPP mode by world class companies and institutions specialized in the field of Panchakarma therapy. Technical support for this center will be provided by the experts of the university.
- Construction work will be done for a drug testing lab in Ayurveda University at a cost of about Rs 1 crore and necessary furniture and fixtures will be installed at a cost of Rs 60 lakh.
- The total construction cost of the lab is around Rs.5.10 crores with an expenditure of Rs.3.50 crores on procurement of various equipment. For this lab, services of various personnel will be taken on contract basis through the service provider agency.