Why in News
- Recently, Minister of State for Tribal Area Development Arjun Bamania informed during Question Hour in the Vidhan Sabha that Public Representatives would also be added as consultants in the Marwar Regional Tribal Development Board.
- For the purpose of promoting education in Jalore, Pali and other districts, hostels have also been sanctioned through the board.
- It is noteworthy that the Marwar Regional Tribal Development Board was constituted on February 2, 2021.
- The objective of Marwar Regional Development Board is to develop the scheduled tribe community of Mada, Mada cluster and scattered tribal areas of Jodhpur division.
- This board will work as a permanent advisory body of the state government regarding the upliftment and development of the scheduled tribe community in Jodhpur Administrative Division, to prepare special schemes in this regard and implement them through the Tribal Regional Development Department or other departments. The state government has the right to make recommendations.
Why in News
- Recently, the implementation of Rajasthan Sarkar Vatsalya Yojana was started by the District Child Protection Unit, Jaipur to ensure that children in need of care and protection are brought up in a family environment.
- Rohit Jain, assistant director of the District Child Guardianship Unit, said that under this scheme in the district, applications have been invited for marking the prospective foster parents willing to nurture and take care of the children in the family environment under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015.
- Any interested prospective foster parent can submit an application to the office of the Assistant Director, District Child Protection Unit, Jaipur. Temporary family care (other than adoption) shall be provided to children in need of care and protection as defined in Section 2(14) of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 through foster parents.
- The eligibility for foster parents under Vatsalya Yojana is as follows-
- In the case of an individual (male or female) minimum age should not exceed 25 years and maximum age should not exceed 65 years, they should not have any criminal record, Single male should not be allowed to take a girl child into foster care.
- Prospective foster parents will submit the prescribed application form along with proof of age, residence proof, income certificate, paramedical certificate of income tax return, police verification report and testimony of two eminent persons.
- It is noteworthy that Vatsalya Yojana was launched by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot during the budget speech of the year 2020-21.
Switch to Hindi