Why in News?
On 24 May 2023, Uttar Pradesh Deputy CM Brajesh Pathak informed that the National Medical Commission (NMC) has made Emergency Medicine department mandatory in all medical universities, colleges and educational institutions in the state. In this regard, he has approved the establishment of the department.
- Medical colleges are being opened in all the districts of Uttar Pradesh. Emergency services are running in medical universities and institutes. In order to provide better treatment to the patients, NMC gave instructions to set up an Emergency Medicine Department.
- Steps are being taken to further improve emergency services. Emergency medicine departments are running in other educational institutions including KGMU, Lohia Institute. In case of emergency, patients will first come to this department. Here the specialist doctors will identify the disease on the basis of the symptoms of the patients and then decide the course of treatment.
- The Deputy CM said that with the formation of Emergency Medicine Department in all medical institutions, serious patients will not have to run to big hospitals. This will reduce the pressure of patients in big hospitals. Serious patients will be able to get treatment easily and medical students will also be able to gain clinical knowledge.
Why in News?
On 24 May 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot launched the 'Rajasthan Young Farmer Skill and Capacity Enhancement Mission' in the budget announcement 2023-24 for the agriculture sector while innovating in 'Incentive scheme for girl students studying agriculture' to ensure empowerment and effective participation of women. Under which the incentive amount given to girl students has been increased up to three times.
- The aim of the state government is that the girls should study the latest trends in the field of agriculture and get formal education-training, which would not only increase the income of the family but also contribute to the prosperity of the state and the country.
- Through this mission, the state government has increased the incentive amount to increase the trend of girl students towards agriculture education and to encourage girl education.
- Agriculture Commissioner Kanaram said that under the mission, the girl students of class 11th and 12th studying agriculture subject in the state will be given an incentive of Rs 15,000 from Rs 5,000 per year.
- Girl students studying in Bachelor of Agriculture Science subjects like Horticulture, Dairy, Agricultural Engineering, Food Processing as well as Post Graduate (M.Sc. Agriculture) will be given an incentive from Rs 12,000 to Rs 25,000 per annum.
- Similarly, a provision has been made to increase the incentive amount from Rs 15,000 to Rs 40,000 per year (maximum of 3 years) to girl students pursuing Ph.D. in agriculture.
- Under this mission, in the last 4 years (from 17 December 2018 to March 2023), 84 thousand 583 girl students studying have been given a total incentive of Rs 55 crore 17 lakh 87 thousand, in which, 11 thousand 605 girl students have been given financial support of Rs 7 crore 87 lakh 69 thousand in the year 2018-19.
- Similarly, 15,780 girl students have been benefited with the incentive of Rs 9 crore 30 lakh 6 thousand in the year 2019-20, Rs 10 crore 75 lakh 23 thousand to 14,647 girl students in the year 2020-21 and Rs 12 crore 84 lakh 56 thousand to 20,867 girl students in the year 2021-22.
- Similarly, in the year 2022-23, 21,684 girl students have been encouraged to take agriculture faculty by giving financial support of Rs 14 crore 40 lakh 33 thousand.
- Increasing figures show that this campaign of the state government is proving beneficial for girl students to choose agriculture faculty. With this, not only are the girl students innovating in the field of agriculture, but they are also ensuring their participation in the country.
- To apply in the mission, it is necessary for the girl student to be a native of Rajasthan and to be studying in the Faculty of Agriculture in any school, college or university recognized by the state and state government.
- Girl students studying in agriculture have to upload necessary documents like Jan Aadhaar card, last year's marksheet and original residence certificate online while applying in Rajasthan Young Farmer Skill and Capacity Enhancement Mission.
Why in News?
On 25 May, 2023, Rajasthan's Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Tikaram Julie inaugurated the Parmarth Divyang and Jankalyan Intellectual Divyang Special Residential School in Alwar district of the state.
- This residential school will prove to be a milestone for the Disabled of Alwar district.
- It is known that Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has also given a gift like Baba Amte University for the disabled in the state.
- The state government is taking policy decisions to connect every needy and backward class of people with the mainstream of the society. For the purpose of providing financial assistance to the disabled, the government has not only increased their pension, but has also distributed thousands of scooties so that they do not face any inconvenience in commuting.
- The state government is constantly working for the welfare of the disabled. Various schemes have been implemented for the benefit of the Divyangjan, from which work is being done to benefit them.
Why in News?
The Infrastructure Finance Secretariat (IFS), Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India, in partnership with the Government of Madhya Pradesh, organized an Infrastructure Outreach Workshop in Bhopal on 24-25 May 2023.
- This is the fourth in a series of outreach workshops planned in association with State Governments and Union Territories and key Central Infrastructure Ministries, with the objective of providing an accurate understanding of the on-the-ground issues faced by the Project Sponsoring Authorities in undertaking large infrastructure projects. Have to understand.
- The two-day workshop was inaugurated by Ajit Kesari, Additional Chief Secretary-Finance, Government of Madhya Pradesh, who laid special emphasis on developing a long-term vision for infrastructure development by properly understanding the needs and aspirations of the citizens and prioritizing the identified needs.
- The workshop was attended by over 60 senior officials from the State Governments of Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha, Rajasthan, West Bengal and Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, as well as from key Union Infrastructure Ministries, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH). , was attended by senior officials from the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- The workshop was attended by over 60 senior officials from the State Governments of Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha, Rajasthan, West Bengal and Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, as well as from key Union Infrastructure Ministries, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MORTH). , was attended by senior officials from the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- The theme of the workshop focused on discussions on key focus areas for infrastructure development and its financing. The challenges and possible solutions and the need to encourage private sector participation in infrastructure development were discussed.
- Representatives of Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu besides senior officials from Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited (NIIF), SBI Capital Markets Limited , International Finance Corporation (IFC) and representatives of NIIF- Infrastructure Finance Limited (NIIF-IFL) also participated in the workshop.
- The objective of the workshop is to provide a common platform to initiate a dialogue between the Central and State Governments by raising awareness on various schemes, financial instruments and infrastructure related trends in India to the Central and State Government officials, private sector experts and academicians associated with the infrastructure sector. But had to bring
- This was the fourth workshop in the series of State Outreach Workshops organized by the DEA. The last workshop was organized in the year 2022 in Varanasi.
Why in News?
On 22 May 2023, Neeraj Chopra of Haryana's Panipat district became the world's number one player in the men's javelin throw rankings released by World Athletics. Neeraj is the first Indian to get this ranking.
- Neeraj Chopra continues to top the rankings with 1455 points, while Anderson Peters of Grenada is the world number two javelin thrower with 1433 points.
- Jakub Vadlejch of the Czech Republic, who won a silver medal at the Tokyo Olympics, is third in the world rankings with 1416 points.
- Significantly, on 5 May 2023, Neeraj Chopra won the Doha Diamond League title with a throw of 88.67 meters. Due to this, he has become the number one javelin thrower.
- Chopra reached World No. 2 on 30 August 2022 but by then, the defending world champion, Anderson Peters was ahead of him.
- In September 2022, Neeraj won the Diamond League 2022 final in Zurich, making him the first Indian athlete to do so.
Why in News?
On 24 May 2023, Haryana Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal approved the annual action plan of Rs 239.78 crore under the Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA) in the 6th Steering Committee meeting of the Haryana State Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority held in Chandigarh. .
- During the year 2023-24, Rs 111.58 crore has been approved for compensatory afforestation, additional compensatory afforestation and panel compensatory afforestation in an area of 1,197.73 hectares.
- It is known that the Shivalik hilly region located in the northern part of the state and the Aravalli hilly region located in the southern part of the state are highly active and prone to soil erosion due to the sloping topography.
- The state government has taken soil conservation measures to prevent soil erosion in the Shivalik and Aravalli hills. A budget of Rs 20 crore has been released for this.
- Apart from this, under the Wildlife Management Plan 2023-24, Rs 10 crore has been approved for housing improvement and infrastructure development in protected areas.
- Provision has been made for 2 National Parks, 7 Wildlife Sanctuaries, 2 Conservation Reserves and 5 Community Reserves through the State Wildlife Wing.
- Apart from this, Rs 12.87 crore has been sanctioned for tree census in 20 Regional Forest Divisions, which shows the government's commitment towards environmental protection and sustainable development in the state.
The Chief Minister approved a scheme of Rs 34 crore to solve the Water Problem in 9 villages including Nizampur
Why in News?
On 24 May 2023, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal approved a Rs 34 crore plan to solve the water problem in 9 villages of the region, including village Nizampur in Mahendragarh district, bordering Rajasthan at the end of the state.
- Under this scheme, two groups of 5 and 4 villages will be formed and 10 to 12 water storage tanks will be built in the area by making links with Dhanchauli Minor and Hasanpur distributaries and water will be made available to the farmers through pipes.
- During this, the Chief Minister also approved the demand for setting up a community center in the village and also talked about starting the work of a community center in the neighboring village of Napla.
- The Chief Minister also laid the foundation stone of three projects in village Nizampur to be constructed at a cost of Rs 16 crore 11 lakh 81 thousand.
- These projects include Rs 346.81 lakh for Dholeda bypass, Rs 704 lakh for village Bighopur-Dholeda-Khwajpur and Rs 561 lakh for village Iqbalpur Nangli-Nehru Nagar-Bhungarka.
- Dholera Bypass was an old demand of the area and with the realization of this project on the ground, the road infrastructure of the area will be expanded. Similarly, micro irrigation projects will not only promote water conservation but also benefit the farmers.
- Working on the idea of providing water to every village of the state, the old lift system has been renovated at a cost of Rs 143 crore to make Yamuna river water available to South Haryana. With this effort, water has reached 300 tails of the state.
MoU between Chhattisgarh Health & Medical Department and Australia's George Institute for Global Health
Why in News?
On 24 May 2023, an MoU was signed between the Chhattisgarh Health Department and Australia's George Institute for Global Health for a five-year research on malnutrition & non-communicable diseases in Chhattisgarh.
- Bhim Singh, Director of Health Services in Chhattisgarh and Prof. Anushka Patel, Chief Executive Officer of George Institute, signed the non-financial agreement.
- Under the MoU, George Institute will prepare a technical model by researching malnutrition and non-communicable diseases in the state. This model will be an evidence-based model after complete field research, which will help in treatment of the diseases caused by these serious problems.
- It is known that Chhattisgarh's Health Department team under the leadership of Health & Medical Education Minister T.S. Singhdev has gone on Australia tour to study and observe the latest technologies & advanced educational institutions in the field of health. In this sequence, the Health Department team signed an MoU with the George Institute for Global Health in Sydney.
- The George Institute for Global Health is headquartered in Australia and has regional offices in the United Kingdom, China & India. The institute conducts research on various diseases including non-communicable diseases, malnutrition, kidney disease & injury and trauma.
- The George Institute for Global Health is known for its large-scale medical science studies and is one of the leading research universities in the world.
Why in News?
On 24 May 2023, Union Communication Minister Ashwini Vaishnav launched the two lakh site of 5G at Gangotri Dham in Uttarakhand from Dehradun by pressing the digital button. With this, the four Dhams are now connected to 5G service.
- Now optical fiber connectivity has been done in all the four Dhams. This will not only provide better internet connectivity to the devotees around the Chardham temple complexes but will also help in disaster management, surveillance and monitoring of yatras on a real time basis.
- The Union Communication Minister informed that 4G services will be provided in 1581 frontier and vibrant villages of Uttarakhand. Under the 'Vibrant Village Scheme', the central government has arranged funds for 2800 such villages. All this responsibility has been given to BSNL.
- It is known that work is going on very fast on the plan of 4G and 5G connectivity. This technology will be available in every panchayat, block, tehsil and district headquarters of the country. This facility has reached almost all the district headquarters.
- It is known that the country is now becoming an exporter of technology. The engineers here have started getting 6G patents. There have been more than 100 such patents.
Why in News?
On 25 May 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the Vande Bharat Express between Dehradun to Delhi through video conferencing. He also dedicated newly electrified railway sections to the nation and declared Uttarakhand as a state with 100 percent electric traction.
- This is the first 'Vande Bharat Express train' to start in Uttarakhand. This train will connect the country's capital with the Devbhoomi of Uttarakhand. The travel time between the two cities will be further reduced and the world class facilities available on the train will make traveling a pleasant experience.
- The train is indigenous and equipped with advanced safety features including armor technology. The new Vande Bharat Express will cover the distance between Dehradun and Delhi in 4.5 hours.
- On this occasion, the Prime Minister mentioned 9 gems of development-
- First - Rs 1300 crore renovation work in Kedarnath-Badrinath Dham.
- Second - Rs 2500 crore ropeway project in Gaurikund-Kedarnath and Gobind Ghat-Hemkund Sahib.
- Third - Renovation of ancient temples of Kumaon under the Manas Khand Mandir Mala program.
- Fourth - Promotion of homestays across the state (More than 4000 homestays are registered in the state).
- Fifth - Development of 16 ecotourism places.
- Sixth – Expansion of health services in Uttarakhand (sub-centre of AIIMS in Udham Singh Nagar).
- Seventh – Rs 2000 crore Tehri Lake Development Project.
- Eighth – To develop Haridwar Rishikesh as the capital of Yoga and Adventure tourism.
- Nawan - Tanakpur Bageshwar Rail Line.
- He informed that the work on the Char Dham mega project with a cost of Rs 12,000 crore is going on at a fast pace. The Delhi Dehradun Expressway will make travel faster and easier.
- He said that the Rs 16,000 crore Rishikesh-Karnprayag rail project would be completed in 2-3 years. This project will make a large part of Uttarakhand accessible and promote investment, industry and employment.
Why in News?
On 25 May 2023, the names of 80 excellent schools opened in Jharkhand were changed with 'CM School of Excellence' being added to the name of the schools. The State School Education and Literacy Department has also issued orders in this regard.
- According to the order issued by the department, this decision has been taken to bring uniformity in the names of 80 excellent schools of the state. For this, the names of the schools have been changed.
- In a letter sent to all the districts, the Education Secretary of Jharkhand has said that under the Adarsh Vidyalaya Yojana, 80 schools in different districts have been developed as schools of excellence. These schools are currently known by different names, due to which they are not being recognized as schools of excellence, due to which there is difficulty in understanding the nature of these schools. Therefore, it has been decided to name these schools as 'CM Schools of Excellence'.
- The changed names of the schools have also been sent to all the districts of the state. The State Project Director has been asked to associate the 'U DICE Code' with the changed name of the schools. This order is applicable with immediate effect.
- It is known that the government of Jharkhand has started an excellent school with the aim of providing the best education to the children of poor families.
- Excellent infrastructure has been developed in these schools. Computer labs have also been set up in the school so that the children are not left behind in the digital age.
- Significantly, the late education minister of the state Jagarnath Mahato had said that the children of poor families of Jharkhand will also study in English. Such a school will be built in every block of Jharkhand, which will compete with English medium private schools.
Switch to Hindi