Three Times Increase in Incentive Amount for Girl Students Studying in Agriculture faculty
- 26 May 2023
- 4 min read
Why in News?
On 24 May 2023, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot launched the 'Rajasthan Young Farmer Skill and Capacity Enhancement Mission' in the budget announcement 2023-24 for the agriculture sector while innovating in 'Incentive scheme for girl students studying agriculture' to ensure empowerment and effective participation of women. Under which the incentive amount given to girl students has been increased up to three times.
- The aim of the state government is that the girls should study the latest trends in the field of agriculture and get formal education-training, which would not only increase the income of the family but also contribute to the prosperity of the state and the country.
- Through this mission, the state government has increased the incentive amount to increase the trend of girl students towards agriculture education and to encourage girl education.
- Agriculture Commissioner Kanaram said that under the mission, the girl students of class 11th and 12th studying agriculture subject in the state will be given an incentive of Rs 15,000 from Rs 5,000 per year.
- Girl students studying in Bachelor of Agriculture Science subjects like Horticulture, Dairy, Agricultural Engineering, Food Processing as well as Post Graduate (M.Sc. Agriculture) will be given an incentive from Rs 12,000 to Rs 25,000 per annum.
- Similarly, a provision has been made to increase the incentive amount from Rs 15,000 to Rs 40,000 per year (maximum of 3 years) to girl students pursuing Ph.D. in agriculture.
- Under this mission, in the last 4 years (from 17 December 2018 to March 2023), 84 thousand 583 girl students studying have been given a total incentive of Rs 55 crore 17 lakh 87 thousand, in which, 11 thousand 605 girl students have been given financial support of Rs 7 crore 87 lakh 69 thousand in the year 2018-19.
- Similarly, 15,780 girl students have been benefited with the incentive of Rs 9 crore 30 lakh 6 thousand in the year 2019-20, Rs 10 crore 75 lakh 23 thousand to 14,647 girl students in the year 2020-21 and Rs 12 crore 84 lakh 56 thousand to 20,867 girl students in the year 2021-22.
- Similarly, in the year 2022-23, 21,684 girl students have been encouraged to take agriculture faculty by giving financial support of Rs 14 crore 40 lakh 33 thousand.
- Increasing figures show that this campaign of the state government is proving beneficial for girl students to choose agriculture faculty. With this, not only are the girl students innovating in the field of agriculture, but they are also ensuring their participation in the country.
- To apply in the mission, it is necessary for the girl student to be a native of Rajasthan and to be studying in the Faculty of Agriculture in any school, college or university recognized by the state and state government.
- Girl students studying in agriculture have to upload necessary documents like Jan Aadhaar card, last year's marksheet and original residence certificate online while applying in Rajasthan Young Farmer Skill and Capacity Enhancement Mission.