Jharkhand Switch to Hindi
Jharkhand Government changed names of 80 Excellent Schools
Why in News?
On 25 May 2023, the names of 80 excellent schools opened in Jharkhand were changed with 'CM School of Excellence' being added to the name of the schools. The State School Education and Literacy Department has also issued orders in this regard.
- According to the order issued by the department, this decision has been taken to bring uniformity in the names of 80 excellent schools of the state. For this, the names of the schools have been changed.
- In a letter sent to all the districts, the Education Secretary of Jharkhand has said that under the Adarsh Vidyalaya Yojana, 80 schools in different districts have been developed as schools of excellence. These schools are currently known by different names, due to which they are not being recognized as schools of excellence, due to which there is difficulty in understanding the nature of these schools. Therefore, it has been decided to name these schools as 'CM Schools of Excellence'.
- The changed names of the schools have also been sent to all the districts of the state. The State Project Director has been asked to associate the 'U DICE Code' with the changed name of the schools. This order is applicable with immediate effect.
- It is known that the government of Jharkhand has started an excellent school with the aim of providing the best education to the children of poor families.
- Excellent infrastructure has been developed in these schools. Computer labs have also been set up in the school so that the children are not left behind in the digital age.
- Significantly, the late education minister of the state Jagarnath Mahato had said that the children of poor families of Jharkhand will also study in English. Such a school will be built in every block of Jharkhand, which will compete with English medium private schools.
Switch to Hindi