The Chief Minister approved a scheme of Rs 34 crore to solve the Water Problem in 9 villages including Nizampur
- 26 May 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 24 May 2023, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal approved a Rs 34 crore plan to solve the water problem in 9 villages of the region, including village Nizampur in Mahendragarh district, bordering Rajasthan at the end of the state.
- Under this scheme, two groups of 5 and 4 villages will be formed and 10 to 12 water storage tanks will be built in the area by making links with Dhanchauli Minor and Hasanpur distributaries and water will be made available to the farmers through pipes.
- During this, the Chief Minister also approved the demand for setting up a community center in the village and also talked about starting the work of a community center in the neighboring village of Napla.
- The Chief Minister also laid the foundation stone of three projects in village Nizampur to be constructed at a cost of Rs 16 crore 11 lakh 81 thousand.
- These projects include Rs 346.81 lakh for Dholeda bypass, Rs 704 lakh for village Bighopur-Dholeda-Khwajpur and Rs 561 lakh for village Iqbalpur Nangli-Nehru Nagar-Bhungarka.
- Dholera Bypass was an old demand of the area and with the realization of this project on the ground, the road infrastructure of the area will be expanded. Similarly, micro irrigation projects will not only promote water conservation but also benefit the farmers.
- Working on the idea of providing water to every village of the state, the old lift system has been renovated at a cost of Rs 143 crore to make Yamuna river water available to South Haryana. With this effort, water has reached 300 tails of the state.