Approval given to annual work plan of Rs 239.78 crore under Haryana State CAMPA
- 26 May 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 24 May 2023, Haryana Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal approved the annual action plan of Rs 239.78 crore under the Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA) in the 6th Steering Committee meeting of the Haryana State Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority held in Chandigarh. .
- During the year 2023-24, Rs 111.58 crore has been approved for compensatory afforestation, additional compensatory afforestation and panel compensatory afforestation in an area of 1,197.73 hectares.
- It is known that the Shivalik hilly region located in the northern part of the state and the Aravalli hilly region located in the southern part of the state are highly active and prone to soil erosion due to the sloping topography.
- The state government has taken soil conservation measures to prevent soil erosion in the Shivalik and Aravalli hills. A budget of Rs 20 crore has been released for this.
- Apart from this, under the Wildlife Management Plan 2023-24, Rs 10 crore has been approved for housing improvement and infrastructure development in protected areas.
- Provision has been made for 2 National Parks, 7 Wildlife Sanctuaries, 2 Conservation Reserves and 5 Community Reserves through the State Wildlife Wing.
- Apart from this, Rs 12.87 crore has been sanctioned for tree census in 20 Regional Forest Divisions, which shows the government's commitment towards environmental protection and sustainable development in the state.