MoU between Chhattisgarh Health & Medical Department and Australia's George Institute for Global Health
- 26 May 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 24 May 2023, an MoU was signed between the Chhattisgarh Health Department and Australia's George Institute for Global Health for a five-year research on malnutrition & non-communicable diseases in Chhattisgarh.
- Bhim Singh, Director of Health Services in Chhattisgarh and Prof. Anushka Patel, Chief Executive Officer of George Institute, signed the non-financial agreement.
- Under the MoU, George Institute will prepare a technical model by researching malnutrition and non-communicable diseases in the state. This model will be an evidence-based model after complete field research, which will help in treatment of the diseases caused by these serious problems.
- It is known that Chhattisgarh's Health Department team under the leadership of Health & Medical Education Minister T.S. Singhdev has gone on Australia tour to study and observe the latest technologies & advanced educational institutions in the field of health. In this sequence, the Health Department team signed an MoU with the George Institute for Global Health in Sydney.
- The George Institute for Global Health is headquartered in Australia and has regional offices in the United Kingdom, China & India. The institute conducts research on various diseases including non-communicable diseases, malnutrition, kidney disease & injury and trauma.
- The George Institute for Global Health is known for its large-scale medical science studies and is one of the leading research universities in the world.