MoU between Chhattisgarh Health & Medical Department and Australia's George Institute for Global Health
Why in News?
On 24 May 2023, an MoU was signed between the Chhattisgarh Health Department and Australia's George Institute for Global Health for a five-year research on malnutrition & non-communicable diseases in Chhattisgarh.
- Bhim Singh, Director of Health Services in Chhattisgarh and Prof. Anushka Patel, Chief Executive Officer of George Institute, signed the non-financial agreement.
- Under the MoU, George Institute will prepare a technical model by researching malnutrition and non-communicable diseases in the state. This model will be an evidence-based model after complete field research, which will help in treatment of the diseases caused by these serious problems.
- It is known that Chhattisgarh's Health Department team under the leadership of Health & Medical Education Minister T.S. Singhdev has gone on Australia tour to study and observe the latest technologies & advanced educational institutions in the field of health. In this sequence, the Health Department team signed an MoU with the George Institute for Global Health in Sydney.
- The George Institute for Global Health is headquartered in Australia and has regional offices in the United Kingdom, China & India. The institute conducts research on various diseases including non-communicable diseases, malnutrition, kidney disease & injury and trauma.
- The George Institute for Global Health is known for its large-scale medical science studies and is one of the leading research universities in the world.
Switch to Hindi