Why in News?
- On May 17, 2022, Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya laid down a five-year action plan/roadmap for the Department of Horticulture and Food Processing and directed to open 17 regional food safety and testing laboratories within the stipulated time frame.
- Under this, a target has been set up to set up 45 equation centres and 11 mega food/agro processing clusters to boost the food processing sector.
- As per this roadmap, 41,336 units will be set up/upgraded under the Pradhan Mantri Micro Food Industries Upgradation Scheme. Under the scheme, 70% of the existing enterprises will be upgraded/expanded and 30% of the new enterprises will be set up as per the ODOP selected for the district.
- At the same time, the provision for setting up of 375 large units under the Food Processing Industry Policy has also been included in this roadmap.
- The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana is being implemented by the Central Government to promote the food processing sector under which projects such as Mega Food Park, Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure, creation of infrastructure for agro processing clusters, creation/expansion of food processing and preservation capacity, construction of backward and forward linkages are conducted.
Why in News?
- On May 18, 2022, Rajasthan's Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Tikaram Julie, in a meeting of the Rehabilitation Board constituted for the rehabilitation of beggars or poor persons, directed departmental officers to carry out rescue operations in a phased manner to make Jaipur city beggar-free.
- He said that the rescued beggars should be identified after being rehabilitated for 7 days in the rehabilitation home run by the department and after that arrangements should be made to send them to the children's home, Nari Niketan, mentally retarded home, old age home etc. Along with this, arrangements should be made for the training of poor people who are involved in begging and who are interested in training.
- In addition, he directed the departmental officers to prepare an online database of beggars to be rescued and action should be taken by the police department in case the identified persons are found to be involved in begging again.
- It may be mentioned that the ‘Rajasthan Rehabilitation of Beggars or Indigents Act, 2012’ is being implemented to rehabilitate beggars in Rajasthan.
Why in News?
- On May 18, 2022, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH Shripad Nayak inaugurated the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Stall at the South Asia Travel and Tourism Exchange (SATTE), 2022 held at the India Expo Centre in Greater Noida.
- Yuvraj Padole, Deputy Director, Events and Marketing, Tourism Board, said that this year all the visitors are being informed about all the activities related to tourism in an information driven approach with increasing the size of the state stall.
- This is an important annual occasion for face-to-face meetings at travel-business fairs globally, networking between buyers and sellers.
- SATTE serves as a comprehensive B2B platform for the travel, tourism and hospitality industry as well as for domestic and international buyers and professionals of the National and State Tourism Board. It provides a platform for buyers and professionals to come together and do business to suit their reputation.
- Madhya Pradesh is a prosperous state in terms of tourism. Madhya Pradesh has the distinction of 'Tiger State of India' as well as 'Leopard State' and 'Ghariyal State'. From seeing the tiger in Bandhavgarh National Park here to the idols of the temple of Khajuraho, the real India can be discovered.
Why in News?
- On May 18, 2022, a third round table conference for developing a global city was held in Gurugram under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lal in which Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala and industry leaders and big developers from the real estate sector participated.
- After the meeting, Chief Minister Manohar Lal told the media representatives that there is a plan to develop a global city in Gurugram which is a world-class iconic city. It will have all kinds of world class facilities.
- Instead of the pre-existing norms of urban development, the planning of this city will be done on the basis of suggestions received according to the demand of the people.
- It will include world-class planners and designers. This global city will be given a world-class look involving international level players.
- He said the Global City Mix Land Use Township will be a 'City in a City' with an inspiring workspace and a bespoke city centric living facility.
- This global city has been envisioned to tap the potential of Gurugram as a hub for the service industry.
- The project will be in the form of Central Business District (CBD) of the National Capital Region where everything necessary for working, playing, health, education, etc. will be available.
- It will be developed on more than 1,000 acres of land with office space, residential towers, hospitals, hotels, exhibitions and conference centres etc. to create a vibrant live-work-relaxed eco-system.
Why in News?
- On May 18, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, in the second phase of his statewide Bhent-Mulakat Campaign, dedicated the C-Mart (Chhattisgarh Mart) built at a cost of Rs 58 lakh at the Sukma district headquarters.
- The Chief Minister purchased kodo, kutki, ragi, aromatic rice, tikhur, spices, etc. from Mart and became the first customer of Sukma 'C-Mart' by purchasing products worth Rs 1348.
- At Sukma C-Mart, a total of 81 products ranging from local products manufactured by 35 SELF Help Groups working in the district, such as Shabri Spices, Shabri Foods, Mahua, Cashews, Cosmetics, Soaps, Phenoils, Hygiene Products, such as sanitary napkins etc., products made from forest produce such as Ashwagandha powder, Giloy, Multhi and Van Aushadhi, Aloe Vera, Amla, Mahua Laddu etc.
- The Sukma C-Mart will be run by Shakti Mahila Group Gram Sangathan Gram Ramaram.
- In order to strengthen the rural economy, the State Government of Chhattisgarh is setting up C-mart to sell the products manufactured by women self-help groups, artisans, weavers, dastars, kumbhakars and other traditional and cottage industries under one roof.
- At C-Mart, a variety of products made in villages, including a variety of products prepared by women's self-help groups working in gaothans, are available for sale under one roof.
- This will increase the means of employment at the village level. C-Mart will prove to be a milestone in the path of becoming self-reliant for the members of women's self-help groups. This will increase their income and improve their economic condition.
Why in News?
- On May 18, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel started the second phase of his statewide Bhent-Mulakat campaign from Konta assembly constituency in Bastar division.
- In the second phase of the Bhent-Mulakat campaign in Bastar division, the Chief Minister will visit the assembly segments of Bastar from May 18 to June 2, 2022.
- Chief Minister Baghel met the general public in the Nagar Panchayat premises of Konta and inquired about the implementation of government programs and schemes, listened to their problems and on the demand of the general public and local public representatives, declared two sub-tehsils of Konta district, Jagargunda and Dornapal will be made Tehsil.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister also announced the setting up of electric sub-stations at Bandagaon and Jagargunda in Konta block, expansion of 30 bedded Community Health Centre (Hospital) at Konta to 50 beds, playground at Dubbatota, chhattisgarh entrance on the inter-state border of Chhattisgarh state and construction of mini-stadium at Errabor.
- It is worth mentioning that Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has started the meeting campaign for all the 90 assembly regions of the state from May 4.
Why in News?
- On May 17, 2022, Uttarakhand Food Minister Rekha Arya reviewed the food department through virtual medium and informed that so far 3167 people have surrendered their ration cards under the ' No to ineligible-Yes to eligible' (Apatra ko Na- Patra ko Haan) campaign of the Food Department.
- Under this drive launched by the Department of Food and Civil Supplies against bogus and ineligible ration card holders, maximum 1190 ration cards have been surrendered from Udham Singh Nagar district and the lowest ration cards from Rudraprayag district.
- Food Minister Rekha Arya said that under the National Food Security Mission (NFSA), the more ineligible will be removed from the village from which the names of the eligible persons will be added.
- He has also directed to put up a list of the names of the beneficiaries outside each ration shop and write the standard helpline number-1967 of all the schemes there.
- For Antyodaya and National Food Security Scheme, those whose monthly income is more than Rs.15,000/- are not eligible. They can surrender their cards themselves till May 31.
- After this, from June 1, a massive drive will be launched at the departmental level in which an FIR will be lodged against the person found ineligible and recovery will be made from him.
Switch to Hindi