Why in News?
- On May 18, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, in the second phase of his statewide Bhent-Mulakat Campaign, dedicated the C-Mart (Chhattisgarh Mart) built at a cost of Rs 58 lakh at the Sukma district headquarters.
- The Chief Minister purchased kodo, kutki, ragi, aromatic rice, tikhur, spices, etc. from Mart and became the first customer of Sukma 'C-Mart' by purchasing products worth Rs 1348.
- At Sukma C-Mart, a total of 81 products ranging from local products manufactured by 35 SELF Help Groups working in the district, such as Shabri Spices, Shabri Foods, Mahua, Cashews, Cosmetics, Soaps, Phenoils, Hygiene Products, such as sanitary napkins etc., products made from forest produce such as Ashwagandha powder, Giloy, Multhi and Van Aushadhi, Aloe Vera, Amla, Mahua Laddu etc.
- The Sukma C-Mart will be run by Shakti Mahila Group Gram Sangathan Gram Ramaram.
- In order to strengthen the rural economy, the State Government of Chhattisgarh is setting up C-mart to sell the products manufactured by women self-help groups, artisans, weavers, dastars, kumbhakars and other traditional and cottage industries under one roof.
- At C-Mart, a variety of products made in villages, including a variety of products prepared by women's self-help groups working in gaothans, are available for sale under one roof.
- This will increase the means of employment at the village level. C-Mart will prove to be a milestone in the path of becoming self-reliant for the members of women's self-help groups. This will increase their income and improve their economic condition.
Why in News?
- On May 18, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel started the second phase of his statewide Bhent-Mulakat campaign from Konta assembly constituency in Bastar division.
- In the second phase of the Bhent-Mulakat campaign in Bastar division, the Chief Minister will visit the assembly segments of Bastar from May 18 to June 2, 2022.
- Chief Minister Baghel met the general public in the Nagar Panchayat premises of Konta and inquired about the implementation of government programs and schemes, listened to their problems and on the demand of the general public and local public representatives, declared two sub-tehsils of Konta district, Jagargunda and Dornapal will be made Tehsil.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister also announced the setting up of electric sub-stations at Bandagaon and Jagargunda in Konta block, expansion of 30 bedded Community Health Centre (Hospital) at Konta to 50 beds, playground at Dubbatota, chhattisgarh entrance on the inter-state border of Chhattisgarh state and construction of mini-stadium at Errabor.
- It is worth mentioning that Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has started the meeting campaign for all the 90 assembly regions of the state from May 4.
Switch to Hindi