CM Dedicates Sukma 'C-Mart'
- 19 May 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On May 18, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, in the second phase of his statewide Bhent-Mulakat Campaign, dedicated the C-Mart (Chhattisgarh Mart) built at a cost of Rs 58 lakh at the Sukma district headquarters.
- The Chief Minister purchased kodo, kutki, ragi, aromatic rice, tikhur, spices, etc. from Mart and became the first customer of Sukma 'C-Mart' by purchasing products worth Rs 1348.
- At Sukma C-Mart, a total of 81 products ranging from local products manufactured by 35 SELF Help Groups working in the district, such as Shabri Spices, Shabri Foods, Mahua, Cashews, Cosmetics, Soaps, Phenoils, Hygiene Products, such as sanitary napkins etc., products made from forest produce such as Ashwagandha powder, Giloy, Multhi and Van Aushadhi, Aloe Vera, Amla, Mahua Laddu etc.
- The Sukma C-Mart will be run by Shakti Mahila Group Gram Sangathan Gram Ramaram.
- In order to strengthen the rural economy, the State Government of Chhattisgarh is setting up C-mart to sell the products manufactured by women self-help groups, artisans, weavers, dastars, kumbhakars and other traditional and cottage industries under one roof.
- At C-Mart, a variety of products made in villages, including a variety of products prepared by women's self-help groups working in gaothans, are available for sale under one roof.
- This will increase the means of employment at the village level. C-Mart will prove to be a milestone in the path of becoming self-reliant for the members of women's self-help groups. This will increase their income and improve their economic condition.