Third Round Table Conference Held to Develop Global City in Gurugram
- 19 May 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On May 18, 2022, a third round table conference for developing a global city was held in Gurugram under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lal in which Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala and industry leaders and big developers from the real estate sector participated.
- After the meeting, Chief Minister Manohar Lal told the media representatives that there is a plan to develop a global city in Gurugram which is a world-class iconic city. It will have all kinds of world class facilities.
- Instead of the pre-existing norms of urban development, the planning of this city will be done on the basis of suggestions received according to the demand of the people.
- It will include world-class planners and designers. This global city will be given a world-class look involving international level players.
- He said the Global City Mix Land Use Township will be a 'City in a City' with an inspiring workspace and a bespoke city centric living facility.
- This global city has been envisioned to tap the potential of Gurugram as a hub for the service industry.
- The project will be in the form of Central Business District (CBD) of the National Capital Region where everything necessary for working, playing, health, education, etc. will be available.
- It will be developed on more than 1,000 acres of land with office space, residential towers, hospitals, hotels, exhibitions and conference centres etc. to create a vibrant live-work-relaxed eco-system.