‘No to ineligible-Yes to eligible’ Campaign
- 19 May 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
- On May 17, 2022, Uttarakhand Food Minister Rekha Arya reviewed the food department through virtual medium and informed that so far 3167 people have surrendered their ration cards under the ' No to ineligible-Yes to eligible' (Apatra ko Na- Patra ko Haan) campaign of the Food Department.
- Under this drive launched by the Department of Food and Civil Supplies against bogus and ineligible ration card holders, maximum 1190 ration cards have been surrendered from Udham Singh Nagar district and the lowest ration cards from Rudraprayag district.
- Food Minister Rekha Arya said that under the National Food Security Mission (NFSA), the more ineligible will be removed from the village from which the names of the eligible persons will be added.
- He has also directed to put up a list of the names of the beneficiaries outside each ration shop and write the standard helpline number-1967 of all the schemes there.
- For Antyodaya and National Food Security Scheme, those whose monthly income is more than Rs.15,000/- are not eligible. They can surrender their cards themselves till May 31.
- After this, from June 1, a massive drive will be launched at the departmental level in which an FIR will be lodged against the person found ineligible and recovery will be made from him.