Now Apple Cultivation will be Done in Bihar too: Agriculture Department's Pilot Project Started in 7 Districts
Why in News
- Recently, considering the potential of apple cultivation in the state, the Agriculture Department has started the scheme of apple cultivation in 7 districts as a pilot project this year.
- Under the Special Horticulture Crop Scheme, a target has been set to make apple cultivation in an area of 10 hectares. The project is being started for apple cultivation in Vaishali, Begusarai and Bhagalpur in 2 hectares each, while in Muzaffarpur, Aurangabad, Katihar and Samastipur one hectare each.
- Center of Excellence Assistant Director Horticulture Prashant Jha informed that the farmers selected for apple cultivation will be given training at Desiri Center of Excellence in Vaishali.
- Hariman 99 variety saplings will be provided to the selected farmers from Himachal Pradesh. The cost of one plant including training will be around Rs 200. Experts will also come from Himachal Pradesh to impart training to the farmers.
Why in News
- On January 11, 2022, Rajasthan's Minister of State for Information and Public Relations and Karauli district in-charge Ashok Chandna inaugurated the 'Aapka Vishwas Hamara Prayas' development exhibition organized outside the information center of Karauli to commemorate the completion of three years of the state government.
- He said that the State Government was working committed for the all-round development of the people, under which, in the last three years, through flagship schemes and programs of infrastructural development, the deprived and deserving sections were provided the proper benefits of public welfare schemes.
- In this exhibition the development works done by different departments in different areas in the district have been displayed.
- After visiting the exhibition, the district in-charge minister also released the Zilla Darshan booklet based on the flagship schemes, budget announcements and works done by various departments in the district during the last three years.
- The development works of Karauli district have been well depicted in the booklet. The booklet will also contain information about the cultural heritage, geographical location, success stories of Karauli district as well as the persons who have benefited from the flagship schemes.
- Along with this, the Minister in-charge duly released the Environment Plan prepared by the Forest Department.
- During the program, various development works in the district, such as building construction, school, smart classes, electricity, medicine, drinking water, agriculture and other development works were inaugurated and laid by the minister in charge through virtual medium.
- The Department of Information and Public Relations has prepared an exhibition of department-wise development works done during the time of the government, in which along with the present development works, a glimpse of the future development works in Karauli district will be visible.
- In the exhibition Chambal Bridge, expansion of medical services, covid management, Devnarayan residential hostel scheme, Indira Rasoi, disaster relief, Rajiv Gandhi Jal Sanchay Yojana, drinking water management, panchayat raj, water resources, administration, various campaign camps with villages and cities. The development works are depicted by displaying flags on the boards based on the development works.
Why in News
- On January 11, 2022, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan reviewed the works of the Department of Women and Child Development. During this, he directed to spread the message of 'Aao Ek Anganbari God Len' in the entire state.
- He said that they will also adopt an Anganwadi in Bhopal. Motivate the Anganwadi workers to do good work. Along with this, it was announced that the families of Anganwadi workers who have died will be given an ex-gratia amount.
- He said that work is better for child development and child protection and women empowerment. Good work should be done in Anganwadi services and nutrition campaigns.
- It is noteworthy that the sex ratio at birth in Madhya Pradesh is 956, which is higher than the sex ratio of 929 in India.
- The Chief Minister said that the distribution program of the Ladli Laxmi Scholarship should be organized. Develop and upgrade Ladli Laxmi 2.0 portal and work seriously on child budgeting.
- Initiative should be taken to rehabilitate the children residing in child care institutions in their families. Help your children to stand on their own feet. Lead the children according to their ability. Good education facilities should be provided.
Why in News
- On January 11, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, while reviewing the activities of the Department of Culture in Mantralaya, announced that efforts would be made to make the Tribal Museum world-class.
- Tourists come to the museum to stop and see, make such arrangements. Similarly, to revive the Manav Museum and to promote tourism, prepare and send a proposal for the stay of tourists there.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister said that the installation of the statue of Acharya Shankaracharya in Omkareshwar and the work of laser-show would be completed in the first phase. The establishment of Vedanta Peeth will be wonderful in the country and the world.
- While retaining the original form of Lal Bagh Palace in Indore, instructions were also given to develop it like Kushabhau Thackeray Auditorium (Mintohall).
- The Chief Minister released a book 'Mahadev' focused on the meaning of Shiva statues and a brochure on Param Vir Chakra winners.
- It was informed in the meeting that the major activities of Madhya Pradesh are parallelly available on the website of Government of India for 'Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav'. The work of construction of museums based on the special backward tribes of Madhya Pradesh is also proposed. Through the Department of Tribal Affairs, a museum of the Bharia tribe is expected to be built in Chhindwara, Baiga's Dindori and Sahariya tribe in Sheopur.
Why in News
- Recently, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khater informed that 10 new railway stations will be built on Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor and Western Dedicated Freight Corridor passing through Haryana.
- Apart from this, the Center has been proposed to develop the Regional Rapid Transit System (Resort Rapid Transit System) rail route from Delhi to Hisar to facilitate connectivity from Hisar Airport to Delhi Airport.
- The Chief Minister informed that approval has been given by the Ministry of Railways to develop a roadway under the elevated railway line of Rohtak. For the elevated railway line project of Kaithal also, approval will be given by the Ministry of Railways by preparing DPR soon.
- The Chief Minister said that instructions would be given to the department to acquire land at the earliest for the construction of the remaining link of the freight corridor up to Palwal-Prithla. Industrial units of this area will be greatly benefited by the formation of this link.
Why in News
- Recently, a Framework of Engagement (FOE) has been signed at the residence of Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khater to promote bilateral cooperation between the United Kingdom and Haryana.
- The FOE was signed by Caroline Rowett, British Deputy High Commissioner, Chandigarh and Yogendra Choudhary, Principal Secretary, Department of Foreign Cooperation, Haryana.
- Speaking on the occasion, Rowett said that the FOE covers a wide range of work areas, which will help build collaboration between the UK and Haryana.
- He said that the signing of the Framework of Engagement between the UK and the State of Haryana provides a strong foundation on which both sides can build their future cooperation.
- Caroline Rowett said that partnerships in areas such as clean development and climate change are a priority for both countries.
Why in News
- On January 11, 2022, Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij said that in view of the doctors' strike during the dreadful situation of Corona, the Health Ministry has implemented ESMA in the state. Now health workers will not be able to go on strike for 6 months.
- According to the Health Department, in view of the Haryana Civil Medical Service Association's warning of a possible strike on January 14, the state government has implemented the Essential Services Maintenance Act (ESMA).
- According to the notification of ESMA, it is prohibited to strike by doctors or other categories of employees working in various institutions of Health Department, Haryana, such as National Health Mission, Food and Drug Administration, AYUSH including persons employed on contract, daily wages, honorarium etc.
- These orders have been issued under sub-section (1) of section 4-A of the Haryana Essential Services Maintenance Act, 1974 (40 of 1974).
Why in News
- On January 11, 2022, the Governor of Chhattisgarh, Ms. Anusuiya Uikey signed the bill presented to amend the Chhattisgarh State Backward Classes Commission Act.
- Under this, partial amendments have been made in sections 2, 3, 4, 6 and 16 of the Act.
- Under this, the post of a vice-chairman has been created in the Backward Classes Commission. After amendment, in sections 3, 4, 6 and 16, after the word "Chairman", the word "Vice President" shall be inserted.
- This act will be called the Chhattisgarh State Backward Classes Commission (Amendment) Act, 2021. It shall come into force from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
- It is noteworthy that under Section 3 of the Backward Classes Commission Act, 1995, a 7-member Backward Classes Commission has been constituted in the state, under which there is 1 chairman and 6 members. In the new amendment, keeping in mind the population of the backward classes of the state, the point of creating the post of a vice-chairman apart from seven members has been included in the Backward Classes Commission.
Why in News
- On January 10, 2022, Rajesh Agarwal, Secretary, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship presented prizes to the winning participants of India Skills National Competition-2021 at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi in which the participants of Uttarakhand bagged two silver medals.
- More than 500 participants from 26 States/UTs participated in the IndiaSkills Competition. A total of 185 candidates were declared winners in this competition.
- Prashant Saini and Abhinav Verma from Uttarakhand won silver medals in Cyber Security and 3D Digital Game Art.
- Organized by the National Skill Development Corporation, this closed door competition will compete in 54 skills such as concrete construction work, aesthetic medicine, car painting, health and social care, visual sales, graphic design technology, wall and floor tiling, welding, etc. Participation observed.
- Skill competitions were organized at various locations including Pragati Maidan and offsite locations in the National Capital Region from January 7 to 9 as per the COVID-19 guidelines mandated by the authorities.
- It is noteworthy that the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), under the guidance of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), leads and organizes India Skill Competitions every two years at the regional and national level. Skilled youth from different States/UTs compete in their respective skills.
- The winners of IndiaSkills receive a year's training to prepare for World Skills and participate in several development programmes.
- NSDC aims to enrich the lives of youth and empower them through India Skills.
Why in News
- Recently, the Disaster Mitigation and Management Center (DMMC) of Uttarakhand has been selected for the Subhash Chandra Bose National Disaster Management Award. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will present the award to DMMC on 23 January.
- The award is under the institutional category for the year 2020 and carries a cash prize of Rs 51 lakh.
- DMMC Executive Director Piyush Rautela has been awarded innovative, high class and quality research and capacity building of masons in the area of traditional DRR practices of the people of Uttarakhand as well as seismic safety of the built environment and engineers in earthquake safe construction and on the ground level research and development. The award will be presented in recognition of innovative, entertaining, purposeful and effective print and audio-visual awareness materials, along with prevention and first aid.
- According to Rautela, this is the first time that this award is being given to a state government organization.
- It is noteworthy that this award has been established by the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) to promote and recognize innovative and effective work in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
Switch to Hindi