Uttarakhand's Participants Won two Silver Medals in India Skills National Competition-2021
- 12 Jan 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News
- On January 10, 2022, Rajesh Agarwal, Secretary, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship presented prizes to the winning participants of India Skills National Competition-2021 at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi in which the participants of Uttarakhand bagged two silver medals.
- More than 500 participants from 26 States/UTs participated in the IndiaSkills Competition. A total of 185 candidates were declared winners in this competition.
- Prashant Saini and Abhinav Verma from Uttarakhand won silver medals in Cyber Security and 3D Digital Game Art.
- Organized by the National Skill Development Corporation, this closed door competition will compete in 54 skills such as concrete construction work, aesthetic medicine, car painting, health and social care, visual sales, graphic design technology, wall and floor tiling, welding, etc. Participation observed.
- Skill competitions were organized at various locations including Pragati Maidan and offsite locations in the National Capital Region from January 7 to 9 as per the COVID-19 guidelines mandated by the authorities.
- It is noteworthy that the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), under the guidance of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), leads and organizes India Skill Competitions every two years at the regional and national level. Skilled youth from different States/UTs compete in their respective skills.
- The winners of IndiaSkills receive a year's training to prepare for World Skills and participate in several development programmes.
- NSDC aims to enrich the lives of youth and empower them through India Skills.