Chhattisgarh State Backward Classes Commission Act Amendment Bill-2021
- 12 Jan 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On January 11, 2022, the Governor of Chhattisgarh, Ms. Anusuiya Uikey signed the bill presented to amend the Chhattisgarh State Backward Classes Commission Act.
- Under this, partial amendments have been made in sections 2, 3, 4, 6 and 16 of the Act.
- Under this, the post of a vice-chairman has been created in the Backward Classes Commission. After amendment, in sections 3, 4, 6 and 16, after the word "Chairman", the word "Vice President" shall be inserted.
- This act will be called the Chhattisgarh State Backward Classes Commission (Amendment) Act, 2021. It shall come into force from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
- It is noteworthy that under Section 3 of the Backward Classes Commission Act, 1995, a 7-member Backward Classes Commission has been constituted in the state, under which there is 1 chairman and 6 members. In the new amendment, keeping in mind the population of the backward classes of the state, the point of creating the post of a vice-chairman apart from seven members has been included in the Backward Classes Commission.