Uttarakhand DMMC to Get Subhash Chandra Bose Award
- 12 Jan 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News
- Recently, the Disaster Mitigation and Management Center (DMMC) of Uttarakhand has been selected for the Subhash Chandra Bose National Disaster Management Award. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will present the award to DMMC on 23 January.
- The award is under the institutional category for the year 2020 and carries a cash prize of Rs 51 lakh.
- DMMC Executive Director Piyush Rautela has been awarded innovative, high class and quality research and capacity building of masons in the area of traditional DRR practices of the people of Uttarakhand as well as seismic safety of the built environment and engineers in earthquake safe construction and on the ground level research and development. The award will be presented in recognition of innovative, entertaining, purposeful and effective print and audio-visual awareness materials, along with prevention and first aid.
- According to Rautela, this is the first time that this award is being given to a state government organization.
- It is noteworthy that this award has been established by the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) to promote and recognize innovative and effective work in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).