Why in News
- Recently, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khater informed that 10 new railway stations will be built on Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor and Western Dedicated Freight Corridor passing through Haryana.
- Apart from this, the Center has been proposed to develop the Regional Rapid Transit System (Resort Rapid Transit System) rail route from Delhi to Hisar to facilitate connectivity from Hisar Airport to Delhi Airport.
- The Chief Minister informed that approval has been given by the Ministry of Railways to develop a roadway under the elevated railway line of Rohtak. For the elevated railway line project of Kaithal also, approval will be given by the Ministry of Railways by preparing DPR soon.
- The Chief Minister said that instructions would be given to the department to acquire land at the earliest for the construction of the remaining link of the freight corridor up to Palwal-Prithla. Industrial units of this area will be greatly benefited by the formation of this link.
Why in News
- Recently, a Framework of Engagement (FOE) has been signed at the residence of Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khater to promote bilateral cooperation between the United Kingdom and Haryana.
- The FOE was signed by Caroline Rowett, British Deputy High Commissioner, Chandigarh and Yogendra Choudhary, Principal Secretary, Department of Foreign Cooperation, Haryana.
- Speaking on the occasion, Rowett said that the FOE covers a wide range of work areas, which will help build collaboration between the UK and Haryana.
- He said that the signing of the Framework of Engagement between the UK and the State of Haryana provides a strong foundation on which both sides can build their future cooperation.
- Caroline Rowett said that partnerships in areas such as clean development and climate change are a priority for both countries.
Why in News
- On January 11, 2022, Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij said that in view of the doctors' strike during the dreadful situation of Corona, the Health Ministry has implemented ESMA in the state. Now health workers will not be able to go on strike for 6 months.
- According to the Health Department, in view of the Haryana Civil Medical Service Association's warning of a possible strike on January 14, the state government has implemented the Essential Services Maintenance Act (ESMA).
- According to the notification of ESMA, it is prohibited to strike by doctors or other categories of employees working in various institutions of Health Department, Haryana, such as National Health Mission, Food and Drug Administration, AYUSH including persons employed on contract, daily wages, honorarium etc.
- These orders have been issued under sub-section (1) of section 4-A of the Haryana Essential Services Maintenance Act, 1974 (40 of 1974).
Switch to Hindi