Why in News
- On December 3, 2021, on the birth anniversary of the first President Dr. Rajendra Prasad, it was announced by the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath to name the National Law University in Prayagraj after Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
- For the establishment of this university, 'Uttar Pradesh National Law University Prayagraj Act, 2020' was passed by the Uttar Pradesh Legislature in the year 2020.
- The Chief Minister has taken this decision in view of the contribution of Dr. Rajendra Prasad in the Indian freedom struggle and his role in constitution making and his remarkable contributions as the first President.
- It should be noted that the Indian Constitution was framed under the chairmanship of Dr. Rajendra Prasad. Dr Rajendra Prasad was also the first President of the Republic of India.
- It is noteworthy that Dr. Rajendra Prasad was born on December 3, 1884 in Siwan district of present-day Bihar and died on February 28, 1963.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1962.
Why In News
- On December 3, 2021, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated Doordarshan Earth Satellite Center in Gorakhpur district and 10 KW FM relay center in district Etawah, Gadania district, Lakhimpur Kheri and Nanpara district, Bahraich. Launched.
- Not only eastern Uttar Pradesh, but a large part of Bihar and a large population of Nepal will be benefited through this geo-satellite centre.
- Also, in the border areas, where there are some anti-national movements and propaganda is done by people involved in anti-national activities, this Doordarshan Kendra will play a big role in preventing that.
- The broadcast will be done in Bhojpuri language at Gorakhpur Doordarshan Geo-Satellite Center, which will give a platform to Bhojpuri theater workers.
- 50 lakh people will benefit from the transmitter of district Etawah.
Why In News
- Recently, the Bihar Appropriation (No.-4) Bill, 2021 has been passed in the Bihar Legislature.
- Under the Bihar Appropriation (No.-4) Bill, 2021, a total amount of Rs 20,531 crore 82 lakh 72 thousand will be appropriated from the Consolidated Fund through supplementary budget.
- In this bill, Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan, National Health Mission, Mid-Day Meal Scheme, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana etc. A supplementary provision of Rs.5348 crore has been made in etc.
- Supplementary provision of Rs.6773 crore has been made for other important schemes of the state government, such as Gangajal Udvah Yojna for drinking water, Patna Metro Rail Project, Mukhyamantri Balika Protsahan Yojana, Saat Nischay Yojana, Mukhyamantri Gram Sampark Yojna, Flood Control, Irrigation Generation Project etc. has gone.
- In the light of the recommendation of the 15th Finance Commission, in order to provide better facilities to the common man at the local level, a supplementary provision of Rs. 1117 crore
- In the light of the recommendation of the Sixth State Finance Commission, a supplementary provision of Rs. 2130 crore has been made to the Panchayats and Rs. 1445 crore to the municipal bodies.
Why In News
- On December 3, 2021, Planning Department and Food and Civil Supplies Department's Government Secretary Naveen Jain participated in the meeting of the Standing Committee of the Northern Zonal Council held in Shimla along with a 5-member delegation from Rajasthan.
- In this meeting, Government Secretary Naveen Jain said that disputes between the states can be resolved effectively through mutual coordination, dialogue and timely action.
- In this meeting, 47 issues like water dispute between states, locust attack, air pollution due to stubble burning, railway projects, cyber crime, and new transport routes were discussed in detail.
- Many long pending issues from different states of Rajasthan were effectively resolved by the representation board. About 28 issues related to the state were discussed in detail in the meeting. The next meeting of the Council will be with the Home Minister of the Government of India.
- Chief Secretaries and representatives of 4 North Indian States and 4 Union Territories participated in this meeting. This meeting, which is held every year, is hosted by the Himachal Pradesh government.
Why In News
- Madhya Pradesh 'State Week' is being organized at Dubai Expo-2020 from December 3-9, 2021, in which the Minister of Industrial Policy and Investment Promotion Rajvardhan Singh Dattigaon inaugurated the 'Madhya Pradesh Pavilion'.
- The 'State Week' will see various industry-specific expert sessions, round table discussions as well as cultural performances.
- The Madhya Pradesh Week at Dubai Expo will see various meetings to discuss business prospects for the state and investment opportunities in key sectors including textiles manufacturing, automobiles, EVs, food processing, pharmaceuticals, IT.
- During the expo, a 14-member delegation of the state, headed by the Minister of Industrial Policy and Investment Promotion, Rajvardhan Singh Dattigaon, Government of Madhya Pradesh, to provide new investment, new technologies, gainful employment in the state with the aim of promoting and providing economic activities. Will hold talks with industry houses and industry associations to bring up new projects.
- The Madhya Pradesh delegation will also interact with representatives of the UAE Government's Annual Investment Meeting (AIM), the world's leading forum for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
Why In News
- On December 3, 2021, by the State Government of Madhya Pradesh, Gram Panchayat Barodiakalan of Tehsil Malthoun of Sagar district was made a city council. Information in this regard has been published in the Madhya Pradesh Gazette.
- Under the Madhya Pradesh Municipal Act, 1961, Barodiakalan has been made a Municipal Council by merging 22 villages of 7 Gram Panchayats.
- In this, along with Gram Panchayat Barodiakalan, Dabdera, Bikorkalan, Dari, Rajwans, Bankhiriya and Umrai Gram Panchayats have been included.
- The citizens of Barodiakalan region thanked Urban Development and Housing Minister Bhupendra Singh for this achievement.
Why In News
- On December 3, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced the creation of a Divyang Sports Corner in one stadium in every district of the state along with various announcements for Divyangjan on International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
- The Chief Minister informed that there are about 50 lakh mentally disabled people in the country, and the Haryana Government is making efforts to provide facilities to such people at the maximum level.
- In this effort, the foundation stone of Lifelong Divyang Care Home of Ambala was laid by the Chief Minister through video conferencing.
- Along with this, he also launched the website of the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment especially for Divyangjan and a portal to apply online for the Divyang Award.
- The Chief Minister also announced the construction of a new building of Government Blind School, Panipat and to provide Braille printers to blind officers.
- Now Divyangjan can register their complaints on the State Commissioner for Disabilities Portal. Along with tracking your complaint on the portal itself, you can get information about law and order information, schemes of the department and case list.
- The Chief Minister also launched the Award Portal for Divyangjan. On this portal, Divyangjan can directly apply online for different categories of awards. Announced to provide Braille printers to the blind officers of Category-1 and 2.
Why In News
- On the occasion of World Disability Day on December 3, 2021, Jharkhand Divyang cricket team won the title of National Disabled Triangular T20 Cricket Series.
- On December 3, 2021, the final match of this series was played between Bihar and Jharkhand at Urja Stadium in Patna, in which the Jharkhand team defeated Bihar to win the title.
- In this match, Vagish Tripathi was declared 'Man of the Match' and 'Man of the Series' was given to Raju Paramkar of Saurashtra.
- The best batsman award was given to Vagish Tripathi of Jharkhand and Nishant Kumar Upadhyay of Jharkhand team was given the best bowler award.
- Mukesh Kanchan, Chairman, Board of Control for Cricket with Disabilities was present as the chief guest in the closing ceremony.
- It may be noted that this series was organized by the Bihar Divyang Cricket Association between the teams of Bihar, Jharkhand and Saurashtra on the occasion of International Day of Disability.
Why In News
- On the occasion of International Day of Disability on December 3, 2021, President Ram Nath Kovind honored Chhattisgarh with three National Awards for outstanding work for the welfare of Divyangjans in a program organized at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Chhattisgarh's Women and Child Development Minister Anila Bhediya received these awards at the hands of the President.
- Braille Press Bilaspur has received National Award for the remarkable work in online teaching of visually impaired persons with text books, literature and informative books in Braille script as well as e-library under Sugamya Library.
- The Braille Press based in Bilaspur has prepared the ballot paper for the election along with preparing text material, literature for the visually impaired. Along with this, the facility of an online library for the blind of Braille Press has helped the students a lot during the Corona period.
- Apart from this, Nava Raipur Atal Nagar Development Authority has been given a national award for the construction of road, building, public places and other places for handicapped persons in Nava Raipur Atal Nagar, construction of barrier free environment, construction of toilets for Divyangjan etc.
Switch to Hindi