Why In News
- On December 3, 2021, Planning Department and Food and Civil Supplies Department's Government Secretary Naveen Jain participated in the meeting of the Standing Committee of the Northern Zonal Council held in Shimla along with a 5-member delegation from Rajasthan.
- In this meeting, Government Secretary Naveen Jain said that disputes between the states can be resolved effectively through mutual coordination, dialogue and timely action.
- In this meeting, 47 issues like water dispute between states, locust attack, air pollution due to stubble burning, railway projects, cyber crime, and new transport routes were discussed in detail.
- Many long pending issues from different states of Rajasthan were effectively resolved by the representation board. About 28 issues related to the state were discussed in detail in the meeting. The next meeting of the Council will be with the Home Minister of the Government of India.
- Chief Secretaries and representatives of 4 North Indian States and 4 Union Territories participated in this meeting. This meeting, which is held every year, is hosted by the Himachal Pradesh government.
Switch to Hindi