Various Announcements for the Divyangjan
- 04 Dec 2021
- 2 min read
Why In News
- On December 3, 2021, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced the creation of a Divyang Sports Corner in one stadium in every district of the state along with various announcements for Divyangjan on International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
- The Chief Minister informed that there are about 50 lakh mentally disabled people in the country, and the Haryana Government is making efforts to provide facilities to such people at the maximum level.
- In this effort, the foundation stone of Lifelong Divyang Care Home of Ambala was laid by the Chief Minister through video conferencing.
- Along with this, he also launched the website of the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment especially for Divyangjan and a portal to apply online for the Divyang Award.
- The Chief Minister also announced the construction of a new building of Government Blind School, Panipat and to provide Braille printers to blind officers.
- Now Divyangjan can register their complaints on the State Commissioner for Disabilities Portal. Along with tracking your complaint on the portal itself, you can get information about law and order information, schemes of the department and case list.
- The Chief Minister also launched the Award Portal for Divyangjan. On this portal, Divyangjan can directly apply online for different categories of awards. Announced to provide Braille printers to the blind officers of Category-1 and 2.