Switch To Hindi
Chhattisgarh Received Three National Awards
- 04 Dec 2021
- 2 min read
Why In News
- On the occasion of International Day of Disability on December 3, 2021, President Ram Nath Kovind honored Chhattisgarh with three National Awards for outstanding work for the welfare of Divyangjans in a program organized at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Chhattisgarh's Women and Child Development Minister Anila Bhediya received these awards at the hands of the President.
- Braille Press Bilaspur has received National Award for the remarkable work in online teaching of visually impaired persons with text books, literature and informative books in Braille script as well as e-library under Sugamya Library.
- The Braille Press based in Bilaspur has prepared the ballot paper for the election along with preparing text material, literature for the visually impaired. Along with this, the facility of an online library for the blind of Braille Press has helped the students a lot during the Corona period.
- Apart from this, Nava Raipur Atal Nagar Development Authority has been given a national award for the construction of road, building, public places and other places for handicapped persons in Nava Raipur Atal Nagar, construction of barrier free environment, construction of toilets for Divyangjan etc.