National Law University will be named after Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- 04 Dec 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On December 3, 2021, on the birth anniversary of the first President Dr. Rajendra Prasad, it was announced by the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath to name the National Law University in Prayagraj after Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
- For the establishment of this university, 'Uttar Pradesh National Law University Prayagraj Act, 2020' was passed by the Uttar Pradesh Legislature in the year 2020.
- The Chief Minister has taken this decision in view of the contribution of Dr. Rajendra Prasad in the Indian freedom struggle and his role in constitution making and his remarkable contributions as the first President.
- It should be noted that the Indian Constitution was framed under the chairmanship of Dr. Rajendra Prasad. Dr Rajendra Prasad was also the first President of the Republic of India.
- It is noteworthy that Dr. Rajendra Prasad was born on December 3, 1884 in Siwan district of present-day Bihar and died on February 28, 1963.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1962.