- 03 Dec 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
- On December 2, 2021, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the National Saras Mela-2021 at Gandhi Maidan, Rudrapur in the state.
- Saras Mela has been organized with the aim of empowering women and giving market to the goods produced by Self Help Groups.
- Organized by the Department of Rural Development, this fair will run till December 10.
- In this fair, a package of Rs 119 crore was given by the state government under the National Livelihood Mission to those women groups, who have some skill or the other.
- The Chief Minister has given instructions to the banks to provide loans expeditiously for self-employment and increase in the economic resources of the state.
- The Chief Minister informed that various employment schemes are being run to provide employment and self-employment opportunities.