Why In News?
- On September 28, 2022, the Yogi Adityanath government of Uttar Pradesh, focusing on medical education, informed about the 12 best nursing colleges of the state guiding other colleges.
- On the instructions of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, 'Mission Niramaya' will be started soon to improve the quality in nursing and paramedical colleges. Its objective is to improve the quality of education and provide better employment opportunities.
- 12 colleges have been selected for mentorship. These colleges have been made mentors of other colleges. The best work being done by these colleges to provide quality education and better placements will be implemented in other colleges as well.
- GSG College of Nursing, Gorakhpur, Subharti University, Meerut, Nursing Faculty of LLRM Medical College and IIMT University, Nightingale Institute of Nursing, Gautam Budh Nagar and Nursing Faculty of Sharda University, School of Nursing at Baba Hospital, Lucknow and U.P. Nursing Faculty of University of Medical Sciences, College of Nursing of GVSM Medical College, Hillary Clinton School of Nursing Saharanpur and Nursing Colleges of Gonda and Bareilly.
- Whatever good steps and innovations are being done by these nursing and paramedical colleges for studies and placements, they will also be implemented in other nursing colleges.
- From November 2022 to February 2023, 900 nursing and paramedical colleges will be rated by the Quality Council of India (QSI). Nursing and paramedical colleges running without resources and faculty will be locked.
Why In News?
- On September 28, 2022, Housing Board Commissioner Pawan Arora said that the country's first coaching hub is being developed by the Housing Board at Pratap Nagar in Jaipur to provide better facilities to the youth of the state for the preparation of competitive examinations and to provide space to coaching institutions in a planned manner.
- Commissioner Pawan Arora said that this coaching hub is being developed in a planned manner on 65 thousand square meters of land in Pratap Nagar of Jaipur at a cost of about Rs 228 crore by the division. In this coaching hub, 5 institutional blocks and 90 professional campuses are being prepared in the first phase.
- This is a unique project of the state government, through which all the teaching facilities will be available to the students of the country and the state in one campus. Beyond the problem of parking, traffic jams, etc., this place will be a favorable place with a calm environment for the students preparing for competitive examinations.
- In this coaching hub, about 70 thousand students will be able to make their career by taking advantage of educational facilities. Coaching center operators will also have a lot of convenience in coaching operations due to the availability of modern facilities here.
- In addition to the facilities of centralized library, cyber lab, entertainment center, gym, health club, food court and restaurant, jogging, cycling track, separate hostels and security surveillance for students and teachers etc. are also being developed under the scheme.
- The coaching hub scheme will also create new employment opportunities directly and indirectly, which will also benefit the local residents.
Why In News?
- On 28 September 2022, Rashtriya Mangeshkar Samman (The National Lata Mangeshkar Award) for the years 2019, 2020 and 2021 was conferred on three eminent personalities at the Rashtriya Lata Mangeshkar Alankaran Samman held in Indore.
- The National Lata Mangeshkar Award was given to Shailendra Singh for playback singing for the year 2019, Anand-Milind for music direction for the year 2020 and Kumar Sanu for playback singing for the year 2021.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, while addressing the investiture ceremony virtually, said that a statue of 'Bharat Ratna' Lata Mangeshkar will be installed in Indore.
- The Chief Minister said that a museum will be constructed to collect songs and memories of Lata ji and a music academy and music college will also be started in her name.
- Tourism and Culture Minister Usha Thakur said that as per the intention of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, the music college of Indore is being named after melody queen Lata Mangeshkar. Now this school will be known as 'Lata Mangeshkar Music College'.
Why In News?
- On September 28, 2022, Madhya Pradesh Energy Minister Pradyuman Singh Tomar said that Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Company has launched the state's second and Bhopal's first GIS (Gas Insulated Switch Gear Substation) The ultra-high pressure substation has been energized.
- Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Company has innovated and built this very high pressure substation to strengthen and provide reliability to the transmission network of Bhopal.
- At an estimated cost of about Rs 38 crore, 50 MVA has been constructed in E-8 Arera colony located in the densely populated area of Bhopal. This substation was energized with capacity.
- Energy Minister Pradyuman Singh Tomar said that with the commissioning of this substation, another option of very high pressure substation has been available to Bhopal with the strengthening of the power transmission system in central Bhopal region. This is the 11th ultra-high pressure substation of Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Company in Bhopal city, which is functional.
- Managing Director of Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Company, Eng. Sunil Tiwari said that due to non-availability of sufficient land for construction of conventional substations and lines in dense population like Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Company has started GIS in Bhopal. Decided to prepare substation (Gas Insulated Switch Gear Substation).
- GIS The construction of substations (gas insulated switch gear substations) requires less land than conventional air insulated substations. With this technology, the budget for the construction of the substation is about two and a half times higher than the conventional substation. Due to the stay in the gas insulated chamber, the equipment of these substations malfunctions less. They are also colloquially called 'maintenance free' substations.
Why In News?
- On September 28, 2022, Haryana-Saskatchewan Round Table Conference was held in Chandigarh to identify new opportunities, strategic partnerships, facilities, support and strengthen mutual relations and interests of the Canadian province of Saskatchewan.
- The Haryana-Saskatchewan Roundtable was jointly organized by the Department of Foreign Cooperation and the Saskatchewan India Office, Canada High Commission.
- It is to be noted that under the leadership of Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal, the state government has constituted a separate Department of Foreign Cooperation to increase foreign investment in Haryana.
- The State Foreign Cooperation Department is constantly in touch with foreign countries and meetings are held with investors to promote investment in the state through different programs. In this episode, the Haryana-Saskatchewan Round Table Conference was organized.
- Speaking at the conference, Additional Chief Secretary, Department of Foreign Cooperation, Yogendra Chaudhary said that the Haryana government is committed to strengthen relations with Saskatchewan in the areas of skill development, academic research, trade, exports and parliamentary exchanges.
- He said that full support would be provided to Canadian companies willing to invest in Haryana as well as investors from Haryana willing to invest in Canada.
- Anant Prakash Pandey, Director General and Secretary, Department of Foreign Cooperation, said that this conference is an important step towards the MoI signed in March 2022 between the Department of Foreign Cooperation, Government of Haryana and the Ministry of Trade and Export Promotion of Saskatchewan Province, Canada.
- The conference has provided an appropriate platform to bring together stakeholders to establish a strategic partnership under the said agreement.
- Assistant Deputy Minister of the Canadian Mission in India Richel said that there are many similarities in the development journey of Saskatchewan and Haryana. Both the provinces have immense potential to take advantage of each other's strengths to meet the common goal of economic development in different regions.
Why In News?
- On 28 September 2022 Chandigarh International Airport was renamed as Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport, Chandigarh on the occasion of 115th birth anniversary of freedom fighter Shaheed Bhagat Singh. The name was officially inaugurated by the Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Chandigarh International Airport could not be named after Shaheed Bhagat Singh for 14 years due to politics in the name of Mohali-Chandigarh. The governments of both Haryana and Punjab had agreed to name the airport after Sardar Bhagat Singh, but the Punjab government wanted to put Mohali behind it and the Haryana government did not want to change Chandigarh.
- It is worth noting that Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his monthly radio program 'Mann Ki Baat' on September 25 had announced to name the Chandigarh International Airport after Shaheed Bhagat Singh.
- It is known that Chandigarh International Airport Limited is a joint venture of Airport Authority of India (AAI), Government of Punjab and Haryana. AAI holds 51 per cent stake in the project, while Punjab and Haryana government has 24.5 and 24.5 per cent. It was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 11, 2015.
- At present, 82 flights are operating from Chandigarh International Airport. There are direct flights from this airport to Ahmedabad, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Lucknow, Srinagar, Ahmedabad, Goa, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kullu, Pune, Leh, Lucknow, Kolkata, Hisar, Dehradun. While only two international flights are available from this airport to Dubai and Sharjah.
Government School Located in Barola of Ambala District will be Named After Shaheed Karnail Singh or His Wife
Why In News?
- On September 28, 2022, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal announced to name the middle school located at village Barola in Ambala district of the state after Shaheed Karnail Singh Benipal or his wife Charanjit Kaur.
- Goa Chief Minister Dr. Pramod Sawant while addressing a press conference in Chandigarh said that the road leading to Goa International Airport will be named after the martyr Karnail Singh Benipal of Haryana who sacrificed his life for the independence of Goa.
- Chief Minister Dr. Pramod Sawant met Mrs. Charanjit Kaur, wife of Shaheed Karnail Singh Benipal at Barola village in Ambala district and presented her with a citation and a check of Rs.10 lakh from the Government of Goa.
- Dr. Pramod Sawant said that a memorial is being built in the memory of the martyrs at Patradevi, Goa in the memory of the known and unknown martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the independence of Goa. A statue of Shaheed Karnail Singh Benipal has also been made in the government school of Patradevi.
- Ambala MLA Aseem Goel said that the school will be named after the one whose name will be passed by the Barola Panchayat.
Sickle Cell Management Center will be Started in All District Hospitals of the State from Gandhi Jayanti
Why In News?
- On September 28, 2022, Chhattisgarh's Health and Family Welfare Minister TS Singhdeo said in a review meeting of the health department that sickle cell testing and treatment would start from October 2 in all district hospitals in the state.
- In the meeting, the Health Minister inquired about the necessary preparations being made in connection with sickle cell management centers from the health officials and gave necessary instructions. He directed the health officials to provide treatment and counselling facilities to more and more patients coming to all the hospitals.
- Minister TS Singhdeo said that from the coming month, samples will be collected from the areas around all the hummer labs to provide pathology lab facility to the people at a cheaper rate, so that people can get pathology facility in the nearest health center.
- In the meeting, the Health Minister honored three health officers of Usoor Community Health Center in Bijapur district - Jyoti Sidar, Nagmani Chilmul and Ramesh Gaddem by presenting them a citation and shawl for their remarkable contribution in the COVID vaccination. These three health warriors had done the vaccination of people reaching village Marudbaka by crossing three rivers full of knee-deep water on foot for the Kovid vaccination.
- Health department secretary Prasanna R. In view of the increasing cases of TB in the state, instructed the health officials to increase the testing of TB patients by ensuring availability of lab technicians in every CHC for testing TB patients especially in three districts- Korba, Jashpur and Jagdalpur. .
- Along with this, he ensured the identification of leprosy patients in all the districts through home visits, ensuring the availability of all the resources of family welfare, especially at all the CHC level of the state and IPD services are available in all the district hospitals especially at night.
Why In News?
- On September 28, 2022, the Government of India has appointed Lieutenant General Anil Chauhan (Retd), a native of Pauri district of Uttarakhand, as the next (second) Chief of Defense Staff (CDS) of the country.
- According to the information given by the Ministry of Defense, Anil Chauhan will also serve as Secretary of the Department of Military Affairs of the Government of India till the date of his joining and further orders.
- In a career spanning over 40 years, Lt Gen Anil Chauhan has held several command, staff and supporting positions and has vast experience in counter-insurgency operations in Jammu and Kashmir and North-East India.
- Significantly, after the death of former CDS General Bipin Rawat in a helicopter crash, this was the largest military post in the country for 9 months, whose responsibility has now been entrusted to retired Lieutenant General Anil Chauhan.
- Born on May 18, 1961, Lieutenant General Anil Chauhan was commissioned into the 11 Gorkha Rifles of the Indian Army in 1981. He is an alumnus of National Defense Academy, Khadakwasla and Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.
- In the rank of Major General, he commanded an infantry division in the important Baramulla sector in the Northern Command. Later as Lieutenant General, he commanded a Corps in the North-East and became the General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Eastern Command from September 2019 and took over till his retirement from service in May 2021.
- Apart from these command appointments, he also held important staff appointments including the charge of Director General, Military Operations. Prior to this he also served as the United Nations Mission in Angola. He retired from the Indian Army on May 31, 2021. Even after retiring from the Army, he continued to contribute to national security and strategic affairs.
- For distinguished and distinguished service in the Army, Lieutenant General Anil Chauhan (Retd) has been awarded Param Vishisht Seva Medal, Uttam Yudh Seva Medal, Aati Vishisht Seva Medal, Sena Medal and Vishisht Seva Medal.
Switch to Hindi