Government School Located in Barola of Ambala District will be Named After Shaheed Karnail Singh or His Wife
- 29 Sep 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On September 28, 2022, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal announced to name the middle school located at village Barola in Ambala district of the state after Shaheed Karnail Singh Benipal or his wife Charanjit Kaur.
- Goa Chief Minister Dr. Pramod Sawant while addressing a press conference in Chandigarh said that the road leading to Goa International Airport will be named after the martyr Karnail Singh Benipal of Haryana who sacrificed his life for the independence of Goa.
- Chief Minister Dr. Pramod Sawant met Mrs. Charanjit Kaur, wife of Shaheed Karnail Singh Benipal at Barola village in Ambala district and presented her with a citation and a check of Rs.10 lakh from the Government of Goa.
- Dr. Pramod Sawant said that a memorial is being built in the memory of the martyrs at Patradevi, Goa in the memory of the known and unknown martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the independence of Goa. A statue of Shaheed Karnail Singh Benipal has also been made in the government school of Patradevi.
- Ambala MLA Aseem Goel said that the school will be named after the one whose name will be passed by the Barola Panchayat.