Sickle Cell Management Center will be Started in All District Hospitals of the State from Gandhi Jayanti
Why In News?
- On September 28, 2022, Chhattisgarh's Health and Family Welfare Minister TS Singhdeo said in a review meeting of the health department that sickle cell testing and treatment would start from October 2 in all district hospitals in the state.
- In the meeting, the Health Minister inquired about the necessary preparations being made in connection with sickle cell management centers from the health officials and gave necessary instructions. He directed the health officials to provide treatment and counselling facilities to more and more patients coming to all the hospitals.
- Minister TS Singhdeo said that from the coming month, samples will be collected from the areas around all the hummer labs to provide pathology lab facility to the people at a cheaper rate, so that people can get pathology facility in the nearest health center.
- In the meeting, the Health Minister honored three health officers of Usoor Community Health Center in Bijapur district - Jyoti Sidar, Nagmani Chilmul and Ramesh Gaddem by presenting them a citation and shawl for their remarkable contribution in the COVID vaccination. These three health warriors had done the vaccination of people reaching village Marudbaka by crossing three rivers full of knee-deep water on foot for the Kovid vaccination.
- Health department secretary Prasanna R. In view of the increasing cases of TB in the state, instructed the health officials to increase the testing of TB patients by ensuring availability of lab technicians in every CHC for testing TB patients especially in three districts- Korba, Jashpur and Jagdalpur. .
- Along with this, he ensured the identification of leprosy patients in all the districts through home visits, ensuring the availability of all the resources of family welfare, especially at all the CHC level of the state and IPD services are available in all the district hospitals especially at night.
Switch to Hindi