Why In News?
- On September 27, 2022, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel unveiled a statue of Chendru 'Tiger Boy' and his tiger friend Tembu as a memento of Chhattisgarh Tourism Board (CTB).
- Chief Minister Mr. Bhupesh Baghel also released 'Talking Comics' to connect children with tourism in the tourism conference organized on the occasion of World Tourism Day. Chendru and Tembu are depicted as symbols of tourism in the comic.
- He also released a video of the state song based on 'Kathak Bhav' and a coffee table book of tourist spots in the state. The book contains information about all the tourist places in the state. It can be used as a tourist guide.
- Significantly, The Tiger Boy Chendru, popularly known as 'Mowgli' in Chhattisgarh, was no less than a wonder for the whole world. Chendru Mandavi belonged to a tribal family from Garhbengal village in Narayanpur district.
- Chenderu was very famous all over the world in the 60s. As a child, Chendru always played with the tiger Tembu and spent most of his time with him. Both used to eat food together and play together.
- Hearing the story of Chendru and Tiger's friendship, the famous Swedish film director Aren Saksdorf came straight to Bastar. Influenced by the friendship between Chendru and Tembu, in 1957 he made a film about Chendru and his pet tiger Tembu called 'The Jungle Saga'. The film was a huge success at the international level. This film made a splash all over the world. Chendru did the role of the hero of this film. Staying in the village, the director did the complete shooting of the film in 1 year. This film made Chendru famous all over the world.
- Chendru Mandavi said goodbye to the world in the year 2013 at the age of 78. After his departure, idols of Tembu and Chendru were installed in the jungle safari in the capital Raipur, as well as a park in the name of Chendru in Narayanpur.
Switch to Hindi